Tuesday, January 20, 2009

VPA on Sunday - 1/18/09

Mom and I hadn’t planned on going to the VPA on Sunday. Mom had planned to clean her house, and I had planned on cleaning the junk room. None of that got done. I called mom around 11:00 asking her what she was doing and she said nothing, so I asked if she wanted to go to the VPA. This time we only stayed at the VPA for about five hours.

I worked on sawing, filing and sanding another two leaf pendants. Once the kilns were heated up, I enameled two Ginkgo leaf earrings for mom. I used two transparent blues that turn out great on the earrings.

When the big kiln heated up, I enameled mom’s flower bowl with various pinks, purples and a blue on the inside of the bowl. I am really happy how the colors turned out. The one bad thing was that some of the holes filled up with enamel. What you have to do is take a diamond drill bit to cut out the holes with the enamel in them. Since drilling the holes made the holes bigger we had to drill out all the holes so that they were the same size. I worked on that for awhile and then mom took over. I don’t think she was too happy with me because it takes awhile to drill out the holes. While mom worked on that I finished enameling my leaf pendants and I started working on a Celtic knot.

By five o’clock both of us were pretty worn out from working on Saturday and Sunday. We only got the two leaf pendants done and mom’s Gingko leaf earrings done. Like I said it is a time consuming, but fun process. I am really looking forward to next weekend. On Saturday we are going to be at Inspired Fire and on Sunday at the VPA.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...