Sunday, January 11, 2009

My Christmas Gift 2008

During one of our craft shows we had a woman ask us if we made rosaries with our beads or metal. We told her no, but that was a great idea to try.

For Christmas we trade names with our family members. We make up a list of things we would like and one of the Christmas gifts I asked for was a cross mold so I could create glass cross pendants to go with a rosary. To be honest I didn’t think I would receive the mold for a Christmas gift. But I was surprised that was one of my presents, so I am really looking forward to start practicing making crosses.

Both mom and I have started doing research on rosaries. I have found out that there are actually several different types of rosaries and that each one of the rosaries have different meanings.

I now need to find out if there are significant colors that go with the rosaries. I do have some ideas but I want to make sure I don’t offend anyone.

On January 9th I created my first cross with the new mold. For my first cross I think it turned out alright. I used a transparent blue which I want to dip in acid wash and see what it looks like. If I like how it turns out I will make a whole rosary with the transparent blue and then acid wash the beads.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...