Thursday, December 8, 2011

Belated Rememberance



Yesterday was the 70th Anniversary of Pearl Harbor.  I feel like a total jerk in not posting something yesterday.  I let a personal situtation happen yesterday get in the way of posting something that SHOULD be remembered.



The attach occurred on 7 December at 7:48 am.  Of the fleet and personnel: 188 U.S. aircraft were destroyed; 2,402 Americans were killed and 1,282 wounded.

As a vet I should have posted something yesterday and I am deeply sorry I didn't.  If you are a World War II vet or a survivor of Pearl Harbor, THANK YOU!!!!

If you have a chance head on over to the blog The Graffiti of War Project.  There is a nice post about yesterday's remembrance and a interview with a Medal of Honor recipient from World War II.  The Medal of Honor recipient wrote a poem about Pearl Harbor and it is well worth the read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...