|Vaas met bloemen in een venster :: Vase with Flowers in a Window, 1620|
Ambrosius Bosschaert the Elder
Oil on Copper, 64cm x 46 cm
This is the second version of our design. Mom had drawn on the painting and we were going to create a large pendant with three of the flowers sawed out from copper for the pendant. Both mom and I decided we didn't like it so mom found another image and modified it for this challenge. Both of us were happier with that design (if at first you don't succeed, try, try again!).
Here is a close up of the pendant. It is hard to see but the colors I used were transparent yellow, to orange, and the outside was red. You can see the colors better outside - I took the pics inside under a sun lamp because it is stormy/gray outside.
The lampwork beads I made a few weeks ago - when we were still going with the other design idea. I based the beads on the colors from the painting - I have transparent amber, ivory with frit on top of it. I really love how these beads turned out.
This was a mother/daughter creation (mom strung one side while I did the other side - went really fast on the stringing!). Mom and I sat down with boxes of beads set next to each of us looking for ideas for accent beads. I would choose a bead and mom would say no; she would choose a different bead or pearls and I would say no until we came up with this color combination which we both agreed on. So, just so you know, mom and I don't always agree on the colors/beads that we use in all of our pieces :)
The accent beads we ended up using were yellow seed beads, Smokey Quartz and Citrine. For the clasp we used a pewter toggle clasp. That is our piece for the May ABS Challenge. To see other pieces for the challenge you can head on over to Flickr group and check them out.