Monday, December 22, 2008

V-J-J Necklace

At the 2008 Brookston Apple-Popcorn Festival I sold the most expensive piece I have created (for sale). It was an entirely handmade necklace. I made abstract enameled leaf shapes, flameworked floral design beads, and mom made sterling silver links and a closure.

The reason I call the necklace V-J-J is that the abstract leaves reminded me of Dr. Bailey from a Grey’s Anatomy episode in which she references the V-J-J. J Of course, that is not what I call the necklace in public. Wouldn’t want to offend anyone.

Overall, I love how the enamel coloring turned out, and I am improving in the method of making floral design beads. I do have to pat myself on the back and say that those beads turned out really good. Yes, I am about to break my arm patting myself on the back.

A woman bought the necklace and a pair of Gingko-leaf enameled-copper earrings that mom made. Those earrings matched the necklace perfectly. Her buying that necklace and earrings made both mom and I feel great about what we were doing. - off beat jewelry names and all.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...