Saturday, November 12, 2011

I Heart Macro - A Review of Favorites

I know it is early, but mom and I have the last day of the show tomorrow, though we don't have to be there until 1:00pm but I plan on sleeping in dang it!  Here it is, another I Heart Macro Sunday.  I do have to say this is my favorite part of the week because I love, love, love seeing what everyone is doing with their macro shots.

Since mom and I have a show tomorrow and it is starting to get so blasted cold, I thought I would do a review of our (really my) favorite shot of flowers this year.

Here we go:

Both of these flowers are Pin Cushion flowers.  I love how they sort of sparkle near the center of the flower and I just love the ruffles on the petals!!!


Close up of a Spider Plant.



A series of butterfly pictures mom took.  I love how you see all the pollen layered on the wings.  Mom did a wonderful job taking these pictures!


Unknown flower - just love the pink and yellow colors!




These pictures were taken on July 1st of lilies in mom's front yard. It had just finished raining, so I grabbed my camera and went around the yard taking photographs of all the flowers with rain drops on them.



I just love being able to see the pollen on the stamens of these lilies!





These are the last of the flowers I will bore you with.  These photos are from the last time mom and I went to the hort park that is located near where I work, sometime in the middle of October.  I still couldn't believe how many flowers were still blooming.  I loved the contrast of the flowers that were dead or dying and the ones that were still blooming.

Okay, mom and I have a question.  We are looking for a company to have our photos printed, to eventually sell.  We have found a few places but the prices are a little steep for these two poor girls budgets.  Does anyone have any recommendations?  I am also looking to improve my photography, can anyone recommend any good blogs or forums I can go to?  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I hope you all have a lovely rest of your weekend!  If I think about it, I will take pictures of the venue we had our show at.  These people sure do know how to do it (especially after 31 years).  I also have an announcement I will make about a class coming, in the Lafayette, IN area that all lampworkers will surely like to know about!!!!  Also, mom and I plan on having a giveaway in two weeks - on Black Friday, so make sure you stay tuned for that.  Okay, okay, okay I am done now.  Peace out!

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos as always love the ones with the butterfly. Have a great time at the show tomorrow.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  2. what stunning photos but the lily and butterfly are breath taking....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing all these lovelies. I love the butterfly and the dark lily. Have a great show.Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful beautiful shots! Love the water droplets and colors and lighting. Great macro's!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember the butterflies...they are my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much; your flowers are absolutely gorgeous. And, thank you so much for serving in the military and contributing to my freedom. Love and hugs from Alaska. kareninkenai

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the dew glistening on that one flower stamen and that burgundy flower. Lovely!
    Enjoy the day!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your pics!!! You should go to Kerry Bogert's (Kabsconcepts.blogspot.com) and get her e-book:Snaptastic. I am almost done with her e-course now, but the book is chock full of photography tips and is a great buy!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the pincushion flowers they are one of my favs! We have no flowers everything is deaddeaddead from the freak snow storm : p We didn't even get pretty leaves : P...stupid snow.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...