Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Had to Share This

As many of you know I am an Army vet and I am very proud to be an Army vet.

A friend of mine shared this on Facebook and I had to share it also.


The WVU Marching Band did a wickedly awesome job and I am super impressed with it!

I have been thinking a lot of what I can do to help military vets.  I have been seriously impressed with Florida State University and their new Vet Center.  They announced this initiative on Veteran's Day and this has been all I can think about.

A few weeks ago I went to a meeting of Purdue faculty/staff veteran's about being mentor's to veterans who are going to school at Purdue.  They want to give the veteran's a person they can go to for help in studies or other areas.  During the meeting I was coming up with tons of ideas for fundraising and names of people the president of the Veteran's Student Organization can go to and ask for help on how to raise money for the student organization because they are using grants (as you know grants don't last forever).  Mom said, when she saw me, I was lit up like a 1000 watt light bulb.  I felt like I was doing something and doing something good.

I am working on writing up a proposal to do something at Purdue like they are doing at Florida State University.  I don't know if it will go anywhere but this is something I am really interested in.  I have been trying to find statistics and numbers to make the proposal look professional and I think I know who I need to talk with, so maybe next year something can be done for our Purdue alum vets and our vets currently attending school.  Who knows, you never know what is going to happen day to day.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your initiative, Beth! I hope it goes well and I'm sure there are lots of people around you who will look at your proposal and offer advice. Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...