Thursday, October 7, 2010

All Quiet on the Creation Front and a Question at the End

Abstract Leaf and Lampwork Bead Bracelet
Well, mom and I should be back in the studio this weekend and we both couldn't be happier!  We both had grand plans to work in the studio at night this week, but so far it hasn't happened.  Monday mom was home with a migraine, Tuesday I went home not feeling good and then Wednesday our second external hard drive took a nose dive into destruction.
"Hot Cut Buns" Bracelet (Made at Penland)

I know mom said not to let the destruction of the external get me down, but dammit, that is the second one in less than three weeks!  I am scared now to even plug anything into the new computer, which we bought for our business, in case the computer eats that one too.  I know I am being paranoid but until I can have a friend look at the computer nothing will get done on it.

Postcard Project (Copper, brass and glass made at Penland)

I think mom and I need to get back into creating jewelry and bowls to help with my frustration level right now!  When I think we are getting ahead, wham, something comes out of left field that we weren't expecting.  I know things like this are suppose to make you better person and appreciate life more, but for once can you let mom and myself have a break and enjoy something good?

Enameled Copper Earrings with Lampwork Beads

Sorry about the whine session again.  It is so frustrating to know we made enough money to buy more supplies (copper, findings, enamel, glass, beads, gemstones) and instead of buying the supplies we now have to use that money to pay for the new computer to be looked at and possibly fixed.  I keep telling myself at least mom and I have a job, we have a roof over our heads, we both have our health and we both haven't killed each other yet.  There are people less fortunate than us, but sometimes that just doesn't help and I want to scream out at the world.

Female Goblet (Female Body with copper foot and goblet)

Since mom and I haven't been in the studio in almost a month I inserted images of pieces I made while I was at Penland and images of the bracelet and earrings that both mom and I worked on.  I really enjoy the collaborative pieces with mom.  I know a lot of people don't care for our work, but as long as the work makes mom and I happy, that is all I care about!

Buns and Thighs (Made at Penland)

So you know, the "Hot Cut Buns" bracelet is so named because I cut myself on making the abstract leaves and the glass and I seriously burnt myself when I was making the butts.  I love, love, love this bracelet and I am thinking of making more up.  I am thinking of making the butts in different colored glass and some I will acid wash and some I will leave alone.  I am also thinking of making the abstract leaves in different colors, though I do love the liver of sulfur look of the ones in the bracelets.

What do you all think?  Any feedback would be much appreciated!

Thanks again for letting me rant.  I know it is a little thing but it hurt still.  I am taking a deep breath and enhancing my Chi and thinking good thoughts to get me through the day.  May you have a wonderful Thursday and much creating!

4 comments:

  1. Rant away my sweet friend, rant away! I am here for you always!

    Hey here's your answer from me MAKE MORE! I love seeing your work and someday soon one of your beautiful pieces will be in my hot little hands!

    Hugs and Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the butts! Those are fun :)

    I'm sorry you're still having computer issues and having to payout to get them fixed. Boo. Hiss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the bracelet! Hang in there with the computer problems!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The new jewelry is INCREDIBLE! Very creative and unique.

    I know what you mean about making money only to have to put it toward something you don't want to. It seems that happens to me all the time. New computer, new tent, something. Something you have to have, but didn't plan on right that moment. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...