Monday, July 19, 2010

Busy Week and Back to the Grind

Grandpa Ralph - WWII
I had to share the photograph of my gramps from WWII.  There were a lot of photos from his time in the South Pacific.  I also have his brother's diary from his time in the South Pacific and my aunt just gave me grandpa's diary this morning.  I have already scanned in Uncle Robert's diary and now I need to work on scanning in grandpa's and send out copies to my cousins.  I am also thinking of contacting my WWII professor and seeing if he is interested in a copy.  My uncle's diary is soooo cool.  I need to sit down and read the whole thing but it looks like it is a step by step journey of the battles in the South Pacific.  My heart was pounding as I was reading the pages.

We did have a good time, at my aunt's, looking at photographs and talking about our childhood with my grandpa.  We also made up boards with photographs of my grandpa so we could display them at the viewing.  We wanted to show what grandpa was all about.  My uncle's also brought puzzles that my grandpa worked on and we displayed those along with the photos.


Not all this past week was unhappy.  I received our package from Thompson Enamels.  I am so impressed with Thompson!  I order a bunch of enamels on Friday morning and the package arrived on Monday afternoon.  I didn't even put a rush on it!
Our enamels

Mom and I also received our package from the wonderful Juls!  I ordered a pair of key chains from her and I was so excited to receive them.  The key chains are soooo freaking yummy!!!!  LOVE THEM.  Check out her Etsy store for her beads and her key chains.  They are well worth it!!!!
Birch and Surfer on Acid


Saturday mom and I went to Sleepy Creek Vineyards to relax and when we came back we decided to stop at Best Buy.  I wanted to drool over the computers because I really need a new one for our business, which will have to wait.  As we were leaving mom said, "Why don't we go to Barnes and Noble" and I said sure.  We go inside and we both end up buying the eNook.  I highly recommend it.  I have already downloaded some classics and several books I have wanted to read!
On Sunday mom and I worked on the inventory for our next show on July 30th.  We are only going to have one table and we had to figure out what we could fit on the one table.  We then had to re-label everything with the show's inventory system.  Joy, what fun in 90 degree weather with 200% humidity.  Hot and sweating are not my idea of fun!!!!  Here is what we are thinking of display table.
Idea for table


This week will be a short work week.  A friend and I are heading to Ann Arbor for the art show they have there each year.  I plan on taking photos and posting them.  I can't wait till we leave on Thursday!!!!  I am so excited to go again this year.  Last year was our first year there and we were only there for a day and it was a rush to get through everything and I know we missed a lot.

Exciting plans!  I hope you all are going to have a great week like I am :)

2 comments:

  1. Been thinking of you!

    Those key chains are sooo yummy!

    Sending hugs to you and your Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that photo! I've read a LOT about WWII and have a huge respect for those that went through it. I can't even imagine the things .... sigh.

    I'm glad you got your enamels! And I hope creating helps you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...