Monday, May 31, 2010

Happy Memorial Day and a Shout Out to Our Current Troops and Those That Served in Our Military

1996 PLDC Party Before Graduation




I can't believe it has been 9 years since I got out of the army and that it has been 14 years since the above picture was taken at Fort Hood, TX, the night before we graduated from PLDC (Primary Leadership Development Course) to become a sergeant in the U.S. Army.

A lot happened while I was in the Army; some good, some bad, and a lot of fun times with the people I served with. Oh, the stories I could tell. The time while I served was one of the best and worst times of my life. I would do it all over again in a heart beat. Plus I really can't get over how skinny I actually was now that I am looking at old photographs, my goodness I was "HOT"!

Happy Memorial Day to all of those that served our country and to those men and women who are currently serving. We are thinking of you and have you all in our hearts!

Enjoy the show down memory lane:
A group working on MOPP-4 Training



Night before PLDC Grad in all my glory

Me sitting in a hanger waiting for the airplane to arrive
My best friend Dawn and I the day we rolled in from the Box at NTC



4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this story and photos. I would love it if you would post, from time to time, some of those stories. Your life in the Army is different from anything I've ever experienced and would love to see glimpses into your "other" world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that from a veteran and wife of a veteran.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great memories! I love that I share my service with so many great people. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to hear more stories from you. Thanks for serving our country and keeping us safe.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...