Sunday, May 16, 2010

Busy Sunday and Bead Soup Party Tease

Ok, both mom and I are exhausted and all we did was work on making beads for the Bead Soup Party, making the Two/Faced necklace, worked on stringing pearls on a Viking Knit necklace and several other projects.  We were some busy beavers today and no rest for the wicked because it is back to the real job tomorrow morning, that pays all the bills, UGH!

I took a photo of the beads while they were cooking in the kiln.  Here is a sneak peek of the beads that will be going to Christine on Tuesday.  Sorry, no sneak peeks of the focal, you will have to wait for the big reveal.

Bead Soup Party Beads










I have attached a photo of the next project mom is working on.  Little copper circles that we hand-sawed out and then I enameled the damn things. They sucked because they were too small for the trivets so had to improvise some (this was before I knew about torched fired enameling).  Mom is connecting them with copper jump rings and then she has Viking Knit necklaces to finish it alll off.  This is still in the works and we have no idea how the necklace will turn out.

Project mom is working on











Here is a photo of all the things we worked on this weekend.  I started taking photos of the pieces but it is overcast out and it started to sprinkle, so I have no idea how these photos will turn out.  I don't think we have a sunny day in the forecast until sometime next week.  As long as it doesn't rain at the Nickleback concert on Saturday both mom and I will be happy.

Photos need to be taken

2 comments:

  1. What a great way to spend a Sunday. All I've accomplished is beads in the kiln for the Beap Soup party and getting a nasty virus off my computer. And right now I'm thinking it is beer thirty. :->

    Can't wait to see the new pieces. Y'all do some beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to see the focal in the big reveal! Bead Soup Party is a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...