Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The Craziness and Stressfulness of Life

The past few weeks have been a little hectic for me. My office is currently in the process of moving. We have known about the move for several months and we actually completed our temporary move last Thursday. We are in these temp quarters for only a week and a half and they should have our new offices completed by next Friday and we can move again for the last time. It is going to be weird because we have been down in the basement for six years and NO ONE comes downstairs unless they really need something from us. We are now going to be on the second floor with other people, which is a new concept for most of us.

Our office group also just found out last week that we are being incorporated into another department and no one knows if we are going to be keeping our jobs or if we need to start looking for jobs. My friend and I are trying to keep a positive attitude, unlike a year and a half ago when we found out our job titles were changing but they gave us no reason why this was happening. We weren't in the best of moods during that period of time. This time we promised each other we would keep a positive attitude, but I think it may kill me.

Over all I was doing really well until yesterday when a group of us were talking and sharing information. Some information was talked about and my belly started to hurt. I kept up the positive attitude for the rest of the day but I had to talk with my mommy so she could make me feel better, and she did. I just need to have a plan of action in place. I think that sort of attitude is left over from my army days, I need a plan of action to keep myself sane, or the head starts to spin and profanities start aflying.

Mom tells me to look at this as an opportunity for something new, if I am let go from my current position. I look at it as I will now have more time to work on the blog, jewelry, Etsy, while looking for another job. I really want to get our Etsy store off the ground. I have been reading the Etsy newsletter and blog posts trying to figure out what I am doing wrong or what I am doing right or what I can improve on. I also want to try and find magazines to submit pieces to or other types of competitions to submit pieces for to get our name out there. At least I will be kept occupied, no rest for the wicked.

I have also been down because I just found out my grandfather is not doing very well. He is living out in Colorado with my uncles and I just found out he has Alzheimer's and that the new drugs he was put on has not done wonders for him and he is now in the hospital. My uncles are talking with my aunt about bringing him back home to Indiana to be in a nursing home. I am not sure how much longer he has but it doesn't sound good. I know it is life, but it sucks sometimes!

Thank goodness for Bead Soup Party, lampworking, enameling and making jewelry. I think that is the only reason I, or mom, have not gone totally bonkers yet. I think making the May ABS Challenge piece, receiving Christine's bead soup goodies and making a bracelet last night calmed me down a lot. I felt so much calmer after I left mom's to go home and chill. Though I did watch my first episode of Glee last night. I only caught the last 25 minutes of it but I liked what I saw. I must now see the rest of the episodes to figure out what the heck is going on.

Sorry to be such a downer - so here are some photos that brought a smile to my face and I hope to yours as well.

Bead Soup Goodies


Bracelet I made - used frit with different base colors of glass

3 comments:

  1. Wow! You have so much on your plate ... some you can do something about ... other stuff you can't. Having a plan of action seems to help me. I can get really caught up in my head about things ... the conversations play over and over. But your plan to focus on the positive is a good one. And keep creating. It looks like Christine will be a big help on that one! Who couldn't smile looking at her beads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aren't her beads fantastic! I really can't wait until June 19th to post the pictures of what we create and what everyone else created! I am good if I have stuff to do to keep my occupied, though it sucks when I go to bed because my brain keeps churning and sometimes I can't get it to stop. I am trying to be positive though, it can be hard! More beading I say!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there. Staying positive helps, but I know it's hard. Things will work out one way or another, and worrying a lot doesn't really change anything.

    I'm so glad you like the beads, and I just can't wait to see what you do with them! I've never seen my work made into something by someone other than me! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...