Monday, February 25, 2019

Odds and Ends - Before the Art Elements Challenge


Last week I had a team building event at work. They were providing food, for lunch, and the rest of us would bring in desserts. I asked mom if she would make Czechoslovakian Slices for me to take in. The last time she made these was back in 1999 - she made them and sent them to me when I was at NTC, in the Box (the training area). I think my squad and I ate them until we made ourselves sick - but it was so worth it.

Mom is not sure where grandma got the recipe - maybe from grandma's home economics class or a friend. I wish we knew - oh well. These are really good, but very rich! The recipe really calls for apricot jam - but I love cherry - so we made a slight modification to the recipe.


More dragons have arrived. Mom actually had to buy these dragons for me because I was in a meeting when Sally was listing them in her Etsy shop.


Mom said she was a nervous wreck trying to order the dragons - but she got two of the three I really wanted. I am proud of her :)


I finished enameling our piece for the Art Elements - Bird of Prey challenge. You will see more of the piece when we post on the 28th of February. I can't wait to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...