Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Gloomy Out - But Have a Challenge


It is that time of year again where it is yucky, cold and gloomy out. This is my least favorite time of year because I seriously don't like the cold.


The one nice thing about the weather is that I go to mom's side of the house and sit on the couch with her. We are wrapped up in her fuzzy blanket, cats are laying on both of us; and we either sit and read or just talk nonsense. This is time when I am so glad I moved back in with mom - even if I have my own side of the house - it is great to go over and just sit with mom.

Fitness Challenge calendar
A few months I posted about starting to work out and taking care of myself more. I have been going to Studio b since June and I love it - the ladies are so supportive and a great bunch of people. Well - they have stepped it up for the holidays'. They are having a fitness challenge with 65 classes you can attend. All the classes highlighted in blue and pink I plan on attending.

For me - this is a personal challenge to see if I can do it - I want to see how strong and in shape I have become. Though I am not sure I can do the day with four classes in it - last night I did all three classes and I was exhausted but felt so good. It is the old body - the feet were screaming by the end of the last class and the shoulder is saying "What are doing???".  We shall see.


This is a picture of all the participants (don't have all the snowmen in the pic - but you get the idea). This challenge we have snowmen to fill up with snowflakes. It is so awesome to put a snowflake on the snowman to show that I completed a class. I feel empowered and happy - which I haven't felt in a long time. So, for me this is an awesome challenge!

I just felt like sharing what I am up to for the next month - especially during this dreary weather! What challenges do you have for yourself during this time?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...