Sunday, March 28, 2010

Our Studio - Thank Goodness for Mothers!

Our studio is located in mom's garage. Mom converted half of her garage in late 2006 into a flameworking studio. She had ventilation installed (and works great when you remember to turn it on), a kiln, cabinets to store glass, a table to put two torches (mom has a Bobcat and I have a Lynx), a place to work on stained glass and take photographs of completed work. We also have book cases galore to store books, magazines and the all important accent beads!

We are currently set up for flameworking but we are slowly buying pieces to do our metalsmithing. This past week we have bought an enameling kiln, a flexshaft (oh thank goodness), a forming block and various other odds and ends. We are slowly plugging away at becoming a more sustainable business, at least I hope we are.

Here are some photographs of our workspace. My side isn't usually that clean, what can I say I like to spreadout and look at the glass I am using!
Display case for our work

Kiln area and cabinets behind torches have glass in them

Our torch areas and photograph area

Moms beading area - under all that are earrings and pendants in the works - I set up where ever there is a clean space

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...