Thursday, February 4, 2010

No Sleep for the Wicked

Last night I couldn't sleep again. The last two weeks for some reason I have been waking up at 3:50 in the morning. I get up and feed the cats and lay back down thinking I can sleep for another hour before the alarm goes off. Of course this doesn't happen; it is more like a cat nap then anything else.

Last night I just couldn't shut my brain off. All I was thinking about were ideas for ceramic class and then ideas for my Senior show next spring semester. At Purdue you have to participate in a senior show before you can graduate with a Fine Arts degree.

I want to do my senior show in both metals and ceramics. I also wanted to incorporate things from my time in the Army into the show. I have already been making pieces with military images in ceramics and now I just have to figure out how to incorporate these ideas into metals.

I was thinking of doing a series called "Postcards from an Army Vet". I loved the postcard project I did at Penland, so I will just have to figure out how to do a postcard with a military/nature them in metals.

I hope now that I wrote down all my ideas I can get some sleep tonight, but I doubt it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...