Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Inspiration Out of No Where

Last night was studio night in ceramics. I wanted to glaze my pieces that were bisque fired and then finish painting slip on the bowls that had the grenade and the M-16.

I finished up the glazing of my bowls and shaped cylinders and I was sitting down eating my banana when it hit me. It was like being struck by lighting; the light bulb going off; or a chorus of heavenly beings singing "AHHH". I had an epiphany; a brilliant idea on what I wanted to paint the grenade and the M-16. Why go with the usual colors for the grenade and M-16, make the grenade pink and the M-16 lavender. I loved the dichotomy between the masculine weapons and the feminine colors. I was a female in the military and I wanted to show this in my art work; show it with colors!!!

I am sure this has been done before but I am so proud of myself for coming up with it on my own. I almost wrenched my shoulder out patting myself on the back. I don't usually think outside of the box and when it happens I am so excited.

I am not sure how the pink will turn out. I am trying a velvet underglaze of pink, on the grenade, and Siggy is not sure how the high firing will turn the colors. That is alright with me because these are my experimental pieces. I plan on going to Amaco to order dark colored underglaze and I will see if there are darker pinks or reds I can order.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...