Friday, February 6, 2015

Ordinary Extraordinary Everyday Days 1 to 5


I am participating in Sally's Ordinary Extraordinary Everyday mini-challenge. Sally always has fun challenges plus I wanted something to get me and mom blogging again and I thought this was perfect.

Sally sent us prompts to help us take our pics for the next 15 days.  Our first five days were:

  • Reflection
  • Wrapping
  • Kitchen Ritual
  • Paper
  • Repetitive Pattern
So here goes (oh, I am going to do the first day as the last day because that is when I finally took that picture).

Day 2 - Wrapping:

The meaning of wrapping: paper or soft material used to cover or enclose someone or something.

I actually had a totally different photograph I wanted to use - but it was on my camera and I thought I moved it to my phone - and of course I didn't. I had a picture of the little hort park blanketed in snow waiting for spring and the flowers to bloom. Well - improvise, adapt and overcome - I had this picture from yesterday's 30 days and I thought it was perfect.

Day 3 - Kitchen Ritual

This is as close to a ritual I have in the kitchen :) Both mom and I LOATHE cooking - so this is as close to the kitchen I get. Plus I don't think I could survive without my coffee!!!

Day 4 - Paper

My friend and I are writing down at least one good thing that happens to use each day and putting that paper in a bucket I have on my desk at work. At the end of the year we plan on going back through these to see what good things happened to us.

Day 5 - Repetitive Pattern

I am trying to get back into knitting again - I love it - but just haven't' done it since forever. I don't know how much more repetitive you can get with knitting. It is so soothing and you really don't have to think about anything - which is really nice!

Day 1 - Reflection

This was actually hard for me - I didn't take this picture until last night. This was actually staring at me all the time but I just happened to walk around the rooms looking at pictures and said "DUH!!!" 

This is my all time favorite painting "Reflection". It is a man leaning against the Vietnam Memorial Wall with his hand against the wall and on the wall are the ghosts of his friends touching his hand.

So, that is it for the first week. I can't wait to see what the following days will bring.

7 comments:

  1. Your photographs are just lovely. And the idea of writing down something good from each day is pure inspiration. What a nice way to focus on the positive. It would be fun to even adopt that in the workplace where folks sometimes tend to focus on everything that is not working rather than what IS working. Your Reflection wall is very moving. I'm so glad you shared it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome photos Beth, I love the one for reflection. I will be posting when I get home from work.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  3. That first photo is absolutely amazing, so peaceful. All the pictures are great and I love the paper in the bucket idea, it must be nice to go through them later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beth, my kinda gal, coffee kitchen ritual!! But you made me crack up when you said "knitting, you can't get more repetitive then that," That is the God's honest truth and you captured it beautifully! I had a hard time with reflection too, I took a photo everyday on that one and ended up using the one I took yesterday, too! Your reflection photo is so touching. Thank you for participating.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What lovely photos I particularly love your reflection one what a very moving painting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful pictures. I enjoyed your descriptions, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great shots...I too had thought of my coffee ritual for my kitchen shot, but chose to go with the dishes because they were there...lol. Love the pattern your are knitting...I tried knitting and couldn't do it so I stay with crochet.....excellent shots. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...