Saturday, January 4, 2014

Prepping for the Winter Storm

via Google Images

Mom and I just got back from Walmart and this is pretty much how our store looked like.  We usually do our grocery shopping on Saturday or Sunday, but we figured we would shop today because of this big storm that is supposed to start tonight.

via Google Images

The snow is supposed to start around 9pm tonight and end really early Monday morning.  I think we are supposed to get 8-12 inches of snow.  The worst of it though is supposed to be the -40 degree weather.  Seriously that is freaking cold - I hate it when it is blow 30 degrees - that is going a little far for me :)  Mom and I have our fingers crossed that we don't lose power!!!  Our contractor even stopped by today to put more insulation up in the attic so my pipes (to the extension) don't freeze again.

via Google Images
Mom and I also mailed out a package this morning to the 101 Bracelet, Necklace and Earrings 2014 magazine.  We have our fingers crossed that they will like the pieces we submitted. 

January ABS Challenge Piece
Textile Design for Cretonne, 1928? 
by Lois Mailou Jones
Tempera on Paper

I saw this yesterday, the January ABS Challenge piece.  I told her I had a couple of ideas and she said she had a couple of ideas, so it should be interesting to see what we come up with.  Both mom and I love the leaf shapes and I love the colors - I think I am going to have a lot fun enameling the pieces.  Mom and I need to discuss our ideas and then mom needs to draw something up (you like how I said mom!!!).  I have my fingers crossed we will be sawing out some things tomorrow.  Hopefully we will be enameling next weekend.

via Google Images

Tonight and tomorrow night this is what mom and I plan on watching on the DVD.  I have mom hooked on this series.  I LOVE IT!!!  Mom also has this awesome snugly blanket that we share and the cats try to take over.  We also have some hot chocolate, for the Keurig, that arrived today so I am sure we will be drinking some tonight.

via Google Images

I hope everyone stays safe - especially if you are going to be hit with this winter storm in the next few days.  Watch for any posts on Instagram - I will try and take some snow pictures - about all I like about the snow is that it is pretty in pictures :)

1 comment:

  1. I, too, love Ancient Aliens! My family thinks I'm weird - I'm just open minded! Love, love, love the beautiful art you and your mom create!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...