Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Blog Hops and House Update

Well, I thought I would share with you some of the interesting things mom and I have signed up for (I should say I signed us up for but I did ask mom's permission first!).

Since we have not been in the studio since April, I thought I would sign us up for blog hops to get us out into the studio to create.  It is kind of hard to create when the studio is a wreck and the house is still a wreck with the construction on the extension going on.  But - there is a light at the end of the tunnel - FINALLY!

I first signed mom and I up for Jeannie's Echo Creative blog hop for 2014.  This is something new for us and I thought it would be fun.  Mom and I are participating in February 2014 and I can't wait to get started!


I thought it would be fun for mom and I to participate in Sally's 3rd Annual Handcrafted Ornament Swap and Hop.  And to cap it off - Sally is our partner.  Now how freaking cool is that!!!!!

The last blog hop - I think for this year - is Erin's 4th Annual Challenge of Color.  I actually just signed mom and I up for this hop this morning.  Mom and I so enjoy participating in Erin's Challenges.  They sure make you get outside your zone and try new things.

Both mom and I are so looking forward to getting back into the studio and creating.  I know we both have missed working and creating new things.  Plus I have The Missing Link that I want to play with and try something new with the links.  Plus mom wants to learn how to rivet, so that means looking for the tools to start riveting.  And I want a tumbler to help with the polishing of components.


This is a picture of mom's tree, in the backyard, from my new bathroom window.  Our contractor, Dustin, took this picture and we asked if we could have it.  The house, cross our fingers, should be done next week.  The following week I will take off so I can move my stuff to mom's house and then start prepping my house to get it on the market as soon as possible.  It is almost over, this long ride of my moving back home.  Though mom said we wanted me back home by the end of the year, so I guess we are almost there.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck. I know how you feel because I've not been able to create (for a different reason than yours) for months now, too. As for a tumbler, my suggestion for an inexpensive but good quality one is to check Harbor Freight. I bought my small one there and I'm totally satisfied. They also have a larger one that's double barreled. (you can go on-line if you don't have a HF near you)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to know that things are moving right along! I think that Jeannie's new morph of the Echo Creative Club will be really cool. I am up in September. The Missing Link is awesome. I sat down with it finally last week. I didn't do all the links, and I liked some more than others, but it was fun to play! As for the metal, I would say invest in a Lortone tumbler. The cheaper ones wear out too quickly and the Lortones are built to last. I hope you have fun making your own palettes for the Challenge of Color! Just look at that color palette right outside your window! Enjoy the day. Erin

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...