Sunday, September 22, 2013

Recap of Show and Upcoming Shows


Yesterday mom and I had a show at the 2013 Apple Popcorn Festival in Brookston, IN.  It was a very long day for us.  We both were up at 4:20 to get ready and then pack the car (couldn't pack the night before because it was pouring down rain).

Not sure if we will do the show again - we weren't totally skunked.  We made our booth fee, paid for lunch and gas with just a little bit left over.  I also think mom and I need to look for more indoor venues.  We both were in so much pain after the show it wasn't even funny.  I thought my feet would pound off and I am sure mom's neck, knees, and feet were killing her (I think it was a two pain killer night for her).

I do have to say that talking to people made up for everything else.  People were so nice and seemed appreciative of what mom and I make.  We had one couple stop by asking where we were this year because we didn't make it into Art on the Wabash.  The lady said she had our business card and was looking for us - that made my day!  We had another customer buy mom's most favorite necklace - Lei it On Me.  We had another vendor stop by and she even sent us an email which I have to share:

Hi..
Met you today at Brookston.....I so admire your work and appreciate your friendliness...I go to a lot of art shows...most of which  are juried... and you are right up there with the best of them.....I meant to get back and buy something...but the crowd made me nuts....I was the one who liked the bracelet with the message....I hope you had a great day!
 
Oh My Goodness - that so made mom and my night last night to receive that email!!!
 
Mom and I do have a two day show next week, a one day show on October 19th and a one day show on November 23 and we are done with shows for the year.
 
Here is show information:
 
 
Our favorite show of all time - Salt Fork River Art & Music Festival - at our friends winery Sleepy Creek Vineyards.  They are located in Fairmount, IL.  If you are in the area please stop by because the show is AWESOME!
 

Carroll County Celebrate the Arts located in Delphi, IN.  This show will be held on October 19th from 9am to 6pm.  It will be located in the Wabash and Erie Canal Center in Delphi, IN.  There will be over 40 artists on display.



Harrison Band Booster Craft Show on Saturday, November 23.  The show will run from 9am to 2pm and it will be at the Harrison High School in West Lafayette, IN.

If you have any questions about the shows please send us an email at e13e14mccord@yahoo.com.  Right now the Etsy store is closed because of all of the shows plus I need to update the shop after all the sales we have had from the shows.  If there is something specific you are looking for or would like us to create please email us at e13e14mccord@yahoo.com.

One last update:


They have laid the wood floors in the extension this week.  The bathroom needs to be laid, the door to the extension needs to be cut out, AC and furnace, electrical and inspection are it.  Hopefully, cross your fingers, it can be done this week.  Both mom and I are so ready to be done and me moved back in.  Also it would be great to get the plastic off of everything in the garage and we can start working in there again.

We will keep you updated on the progress.

Have an awesome Sunday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...