Sunday, January 8, 2012

Studio Sunday - A Lot Accomplished


Today was an enameling session for me and sawing for mom.  These are the tables set up with the colors I used on the three pendants and a set of six triangles done.  Thank goodness I have tomorrow and Tuesday off because I have more pendants to enamel.


Mom working away, even though her neck was killing her, her feet and hands.  Mom and I went to campus to drop off several bags of clothes for the Martin Luther King, Jr. clothes drive in the School of Science.  When we left the building we were throwing some stuff away and mom fell off the sidewalk and fell to the ground.  Her knee has a nice scrape on it and the fall was soooo not good for her neck.  I am surprised mom lasted as long as she did - she is a trooper.  Though I have yelled at her and she is now laying on the couch with Zola.


There is the pile of pendants to be sawed out and two of the pendants that I will be enameling tomorrow.  You can barely see moms hands sanding another pendant that is ready to be enameled.


These are pendants that need to be sawed out.  There are four hearts up top and then the bottom sheet of copper is part of what we will be sawing out for the January ABS piece.


Pendants waiting to be glued to the copper.


These are the finished pendants.  The bib piece was suppose to be part of last month's ABS challenge piece but we didn't get done with it.  Mom said it reminded her of a bee hive, so I enameled it in the colors of a bee hive.  We have some bee pendants that we will be sawing out and using in a necklace along with the beehive bib pendant.  The five triangles, though there is a sixth triangle I did get enameled but didn't add it to the shot, was also part of last months challenge piece but as that it didn't get done these triangles are being used in a different necklace.  I still have six more triangles to enamel in the same color scheme.  Mom said she had an idea of how to connect them all, so I can't wait to see what it looks like when it is done.




These are two pendants that did get enameled also but they are for someone and I don't want to show them until that person has a chance to see them.  Sorry, you will have to wait a bit to see these babies.

I thought I would share a couple of pictures of mom's cats who are sitting in the computer room with me; Zola and Sasha.  They are so happy when I open the door and let them come inside.  Zola so loves the one chair we have in the room, it is her's, and she pushes Lily off when she gets up with Zola (no sharing for her!).


Don't you just love that look Zola is giving me.



Zola stretching - isn't that face adorable (except when she is getting into trouble).


Sasha yawning at me.


Sasha trying to sleep.  He is such a cutie!

I guess that is it for today.  Mom just ordered pizza and I am heading out to go get it.  I hope to have more pictures to share tomorrow.  Have a great Sunday!

6 comments:

  1. You have been very busy. Love the enameled triangles and the bib necklace piece AND I can't wait to see those hearts cut out. Give Mom a big get well hug from me. Hope she rests and feels better by tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Beth, you two are busy bees buzzing around getting things done. Sorry had to use the bee reference, I can see that bib pendant with the bees attached and I think it would make a sweet necklace.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great work...love the triangles and will be intrigued as to how you are going to use them. Hope Evie is feeling better soon...no more falls!, rest that neck!
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my Evie looks cold in the garage. You are both creating so much. Hope today brings happiness in your acomplishments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tons of awesome production going on! Love to see the behind the scenes. And I know what one of those blurry images is! ;-)
    Enjoy the day, girls!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  6. It amazes me how much work you two turn out and I love your WIPs. Hope mom feels better...sounds like she needs to be curled up on the couch with the kitties after that fall.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...