Sunday, January 9, 2011

A Frosty Surprise

This was the kitchen table this morning.  Mom and I worked on filing and sanding the finished cut out pieces this morning.  We didn't have the chance to walk because the mall doors were locked and we were not sure what time they would unlock the doors.  So, we went home and started working on our pieces to be filed and sanded then enameled. 

While we were working, mom happened to look out the window and said that there was frost on the trees.  So I grabbed my camera and went outside to take some photos.

Frost on a Copper Piece That Mom Has Outside

Frost on the tree
One Lone Leaf on the Tree
I have more photographs but I will save them for the next time I don't have anything to say, and I will show pictures instead.

Start Temp in the Garage

Stop Temp in the Garage
 While we were filing and sanding, I went out into the garage and turned on the enameling kiln and the space heaters.  The starting temp was about 38 degrees and the stop temp was almost 60 degrees, even with the exhaust fan going.  Of course, that was about five and half hours of working out in the garage for it to get that high, but I can live with that.  It is better than 22 degrees which mom and I have worked out in the garage making beads.

Today was a small enameling set up day.  I was working on pieces that had the same colors that I didn't need to set up like we usually do.  I finished three pieces for the Bead Soup Party, but there are some minor fixes that need to be done and then they will be ready.  I finished up the pieces for the January Art Bead Challenge pieces.  I had to discard two pieces because I really screwed them up and they were beyond salvageable, but we have enough pieces for our necklace.

This is the layout for the January Challenge piece.  The two crayon containers contain the beads we will be using in the necklace.  There are four small wheat sheaves and the large wheat sheaf focal pendant plus lampwork beads I made.  I plan on putting that necklace together tomorrow and taking pictures to post.  Of course, that is the plan right now - who knows what will be going on tomorrow.

Oh, if you still have not signed up for the Bead Soup Party, hosted by the wonderful Lori of Pretty Things, there is still time to sign up.  As of right now there are 145 people signed up from all over.  Don't miss out on the fun!  Even though you don't feel like you are a good enough artist to participate, don't let that stop you!  Mom and I felt the same way last year, but I forced both of us to give it a try (forced us by signing up and not backing out of the challenge).  Use this great Bead Soup Party to spread your wings and get your feet wet if you are new to any challenges.  Sorry, I will get off my soap box now.  I just want to encourage you to interact with a wonderful group of artists.  The sign up for this challenge ends on January 14th.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...