Tuesday, January 26, 2010

January Art Bead Scene Challenge


Well I did it. I entered my necklace into the January bead challenge. I am excited and scared at the same time. There are some really nice entries out there. I love the way the necklace turned out, but I am not happy with the way the photos turned out. I tired to use mom's sun lamp, while I was taking photographs, but that didn't help out all that much. I really need to get the instructions out on how to make a light box and go from there.
The necklace consists of grey/white freshwater pearls and mother of pearls as accent beads. I then made glass beads. The five larger beads are grey/purple and the smaller beads are a combination of white/grey and transparent grey/transparent purple that I have acid etched to give the beads a muted look. I wanted to convey the idea of snow and the shadows on the snow from the Magpie painting.
Two more images of the necklace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...