Saturday, December 10, 2011

Studio Saturday and a Tutorial



I thought I would start off with a picture of Zola.  Right now she is a little drugged up because she had her front claws removed on Thursday.  Needless to say she has not figured out she does not have claws and she can no longer climb up your back or your legs.  The vet said she did really well, but she is a pig and a holy terror on four legs - that's our girl!


Mom worked on drawing up a design for our December Art Bead Scene Challenge piece - it is based on the Chrysler Building.


This is the heater setup around my torching station.  It was a little chilly (what I mean is it was freaking cold) in the garage this morning.  So, turned the heaters on to warm it up out there - though doesn't help much after the exhaust fan gets turned on, but it helps a little bit.


Glass and frit I used today to make beads.


This is what happens to you when you stick yourself on a shard of glass when you aren't paying any attention - OUCH!

So, that was our day.  Mom did prepare some Viking Knit chain today so I can take pictures of them tomorrow and post on Etsy.  Tomorrow will be making more beads and saw, saw, saw, saw, saw.  I can't wait!

Okay, my very first and probably only tutorial on how to do something on blogger.  I thought I would let you know how I created the tabs on the blog.  You wouldn't believe how old the YouTube videos were I watched but it at least was a starting point for me to figure out how to create tabs (blogger inept am I).

So, here we go:
  • If you use blogger - sign in
  • Click on Pageviews - that will get you to the dashboard
  • Click on the "Pages" link
  • Click on the "New Page" button and choose blank page
  • Type in the "Page Title" (like Customer Gallery)
  • In the blank area type in the information - you can add images and links like you do for a regular post
  • Click the Publish button - this adds your page
  • There is a button next to "Show Page As" and this is where you can select to put your tabs - as you saw mine are at the top
  • You can also re-arrange the pages by clicking on them and dragging the pages where you want them
  • You can edit the pages by clicking on the edit link for each page
That's it - easy peasy.  If I can do it anyone can do it!  Have fun everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...