Sunday, July 22, 2012

I Heart Macro - Fire Hydrants



My favorite time of the week - I Heart Macro Sundays.

This past week was our (Lisa and my) annual trip to Ann Arbor, MI for the Street Art Fair.  I am giving major kudos to Lisa for hooking me on to taking photos of the fire hydrants on campus.  Last year Lisa noticed the hydrants and pointed them out to me and this year I took lots and lots of photos of the nine hydrants above.  I am not going to bore you all with the photos just going to share a few of them I took.



Love the paint swirls


Love the drop of white paint flowing

I think this is my favorite with the rust

This comes in at a close second

Love the letters you can see through the paint

Just love that gold color
Now I did modify these photos with Pic Monkey, so not straight from the camera.  I love the rust on the photos and I wanted to enhance that.
Mom and I are working in the garage today to finish up some pieces for our show next weekend - Friday, Saturday and Sunday.  I also want to take pics of what I bought from the art fair and share what Lisa bought too.  We both made out like bandits this year - so many goodies (mine, mine, all mine!!!!).  I am off to sweat over the kiln and enameling some awesome pieces and I can't wait to share those images!!!

15 comments:

  1. I love these hydrants!!! What a fun and unexpected macro!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fantastic! I love the paint and rust combo on these. Great find and awesome macro shots!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such interesting and great macro shots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The textures on those hydrants are wonderful. I love the colors also. Great shots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great shots! The colors and the rust are spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally remember your pictures from last year and was hoping you'd get some more this year as well. These are so fabulous!! The swirled, chipped, and rusty colors just make my shabby-loving heart sing. Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful photos, I like the textures and the colors on it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all the colors and textures! My favorite is the one you said comes in a close second, like a beautiful abstract painting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting texture in these photos! They really turned out great ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous shots! The paint and texture are delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful pics...as usual! Sounds like you had a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very fascinating colors and textures, love these!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You've packed so much color inspiration in one post! Now I can't wait for you to show us the goodies you brought home.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the hydrants...isn't it amazing how artistic rust can be. Great photos!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...