I was reading Amy's blog when she was talking about the Word Cloud from www.tagxedo.com. I thought this was a great idea - I typed in our blog address and the site came up with this word circle. I think it is awesome - so thanks Amy for talking about this site! I am not good with words, and I am still surprised how much I have written on this blog and that this site took my words and created a piece of art. Amazing what technology can do today!
Okay - 2012 review:
- ABS Challenges - mom and I were pretty lax this year. We only participated in six of the challenges. You can find what we created by going here.
- Participated in the 6th Annual Bead Soup put on by the most awesomest Lori. Our partner for this blog hop was Karin at Backstory Beads.
- Participated in two blog hops put on by Erin, Treasures Found. The Michael's Blog Hop (Toast of the Town), 3rd Annual Challenge of Color, Challenge of Literature and Challenge of Music.
- Created a piece for Erin, Treasures Found; Inspiration is Everywhere, to use in the Verse and Vision II Gallery Q.
- A large order of hummingbird pendants for a customer on Etsy (loved this one a lot!).
- Donated two necklaces to the Purdue Cancer Center Benefit.
- Finally finished the hat from hell for my friend Lisa. She wanted one of those long hats with the pompom at the end of it. I am so glad she liked it because I thought the darn thing was never going to end :)
- Mom's broken foot and two surgeries (gall bladder and foot) and her multiple steroid injections for the pain in her neck, arms, and hand (no I am not the pain in her neck).
- New for us - cuff bracelets
- New for us created our own clasps:
Mom's goal for this year is to be healthy. We know she is going to have to look for a neurosurgeon because she is going to need surgery on her neck; but otherwise we have our fingers crossed no other complications this year!!!!!
Motivation - this is a goal for both of us. We need to be more motivated!!! There are so many ideas we have floating around in our heads that we need to get off our butts and get them done (make more clasps and cuffs to sell - new pendant ideas and new jewelry to create).
We also need to look for two new juried shows for us to participate in this year. We are thinking Champaign, IL and in the area of Noblesville, IN. Need to start looking for those and send applications.
I want to submit more of our pieces to magazines this year (didn't submit any in 2012). I have already sent in three pieces to one magazine and now just need to submit more to other magazines.
Both mom and I want to donate another piece to the Purdue Cancer Center benefit in a few months. I would also like to donate a few more pieces to other charities. Amy, Copper Diem, has a wonderful post called Where Can I Donate My Handmade Jewelry.
I turn 40 this year and I want to get another tattoo. Mom is working on the design and I just need to make an appointment with a tattoo artist mom knows to get the tattoo done. I can't wait!
Be more deligient in participating in the ABS Challenges and maybe participate in more blog hops (of couse the 7th Annual Bead Soup Blog Party).
I guess that is a lot, but hopefully pretty manageable for us both. Of couse, both of us need to work on our houses, but that can always wait :)
May you have a wonderful start to the New Year!!!