Monday, April 5, 2010

Long Week and Short, Fast Paced Weekend

Happy Belated Easter all. I hope everyone had a great Easter and the Easter bunny brought you a bunch of goodies to snack on!

Last week was a long week. I had my second East Asian History Exam on Thursday and of course I had no desire to create my study guide or study for the test. Mom had to finally bribe me, with lunch, to get me to finish my study guide on Wednesday. I think I studied for an hour on Wednesday night and then took a break and went back to studying but I feel asleep. I did study for about two hours before my exam on Thursday. Of course mom threatened bodily harm if I don't get on the Dean's List again and you don't want to make mom made at you! Mom just doesn't want me to blow my streak of being on the Dean's List and I guess I would be disappointed in myself if I didn't do as well as I know I can, but I just don't wanna, so there!

Saturday was a whirlwind of activity. Mom and I got over to the metals studio and she worked on cutting out bowls and earrings and I worked on enameling four bowls. Mom and I had a deadline of getting out of the study at 10:45 and we barely made it with the bowls completed. The bowls were a little hot, but they were done. I will work on taking photographs tonight and get those posted.

After mom got her hair done, which looked really good, we ran over to Inspired Fire and then head to Edinburgh to do some shopping! I wanted some clothes I could wear in the studio, but still be able to wear them to go out, and mom was looking for dress clothes for work. I did buy two pairs of capris, two shirts, a pair of shoes from the Columbia store, and some very pretty unmentionables :) Mom was not able to find any dress shirts, which she was bummed about, and no new dress pants that fit. Mom is on Weight Watchers and she needed some new pants because the ones she is wearing now are ready to fall off of her, which is great, though I am jealous!!!! Mom also bought a pair of shoes from the Columbia store and some unmentionables too. So, it was a good day shopping and just relaxing away from home and the studios.

Sunday, of course, was Easter. We had lunch over at my aunt's house with her two kids and their families. Lunch was great as usual and then the kids ran around trying to find their Easter eggs. I think next year the older boys, who hide the eggs, need to make a map of where they place all the eggs. I think all the eggs but one were found. Then the kids played soccer and the adults sat around talking. It was a great day!!!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you've been busy ... but balanced with all of your activities! Fitting in studying, shopping, eating, enameling, visiting with family ... what else is there?!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...