Sunday, April 25, 2010

April Monthly Challenge

Insula Dulcamara by Paul Klee
This month's April Bead Challenge was of the painting, Insula Dulcamara by Paul Klee, 1938. This painting is the largest of Klee's finished paintings. Its original title was" Insel der Kalypso" (Isle of Calypso).

The beads were influenced by the colors found in Klee's painting and I used the black seed beads and Czech beads in place of the symbols found in the painting. I found the colors soothing and reminiscent of spring w/ still some dark colors, that to me, represented spring storms.

I made the flameworked glass beads. I used a base bead of white and then used powered enamels: Brilliant Yellow, Yellowish Orange, and Nile Green. As accents I used black, red and orange Czech beads and black seed beads.

2 comments:

  1. I love those beads! It's a geat interpretation of the painting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful! And, don't you love Nile Green?!!! Great work!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...