Saturday, September 8, 2012

Enameling Saturday

Mom working on a necklace
Today was an enameling day.  Mom and I had six pendants, two cuffs and a plate to enamel today and I got it done at 6:00pm.  Boy do my feet hurt!


While I was enameling mom was working on this necklace.  She is almost done with it and I can't wait to see it when it is completed.


This is the plate mom finished up last weekend and today was the day I had to enamel it.  Mom took the pattern and drew where she wanted the colors and I went to town enameling it.  Some of the holes did fill up but overall I did pretty well on keeping the small holes from closing up.


Here is the backside of the plate.


Here is the front side of the plate.  I will take better pictures tomorrow because I took this one right after I got it out of the kiln.  It was a little hot.


Pendants I enameled:

Tried to add a millefiori to the center - I think I will try torching it more to melt in






Cuffs for bracelets:




via Bing
I am usually a coffee drinker; especially in the morning. I stop at McDonald's and order a large cup of coffee to get me going for the day.  But my friend Lisa got me started drinking tea. And that is my staple of drink during the rest of the day.

via bing
This is my favorite tea.  Though unlike Lisa I have to have a small spoon of sugar, I can't just drink it straight (yes, I know that is not good for me but that is how I am).  Besides liking the taste of the tea I love the little sayings that are attached to the tea bags.  Yesterday I especially love the saying and I want to use the saying on a cuff bracelet.


Our picture with the Yogi quote
"When the mind is backed by the will, miracles happen."

I don't know why I am so attached to this quote but it hit something in me yesterday. So, I plan on stamping this quote on a piece of copper and make it into a cuff bracelet.  I even know what sort of beads I want to make to go with it.  I am really looking forward to seeing how it turns out.  That is one of my projects for tomorrow.

Mom is now on the couch crashed and I am heading home to put my feet up.  I thought I would mow but that sure as heck ain't happening tonight.  Comfy couch here I come!!!

3 comments:

  1. Wow! What a great day at the kiln! I love everything you finished, especially the pendants. Fantastic colors and great Fall shapes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Beth,
    Wow you and your Mom have been busy. I also can not wait till that necklace is finished so far it is awesome. I love the hear no evil, speak no evil, see no evil plate it is very cool!
    Does that tea really suppress the apatite?
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! Your mom's pierced work gets more and more elaborate and detailed every day! I'm blown away! I love the pendants too! Beautiful work, Beth! That quote is so meaningful because to me it indicates that miracles don't just happen, you have a part in it too. The idea of luck, you're so lucky ... well, it's really more about intention and hard work!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...