Sunday, August 22, 2010

Torching, Sewing, Playing on Picnik

Our torches - I have the Lynx and mom the Bobcat
Today was an awesome day!  I was going to get over to mom's at 7:00am to work on enameling/torching, but I ended up calling her and told her we were going to sleep in!  Mom wasn't feeling good last night and I was tired; this is the weekend and we should sleep in a little bit!

Mom and I changed up on what we were planning on working on today.  Mom decided that she was going to work on the baby blanket and I was going to help her by cutting the ribbon (my only contribution to this blanket except for buying the material).  I love, love, love how the blanket turned out. 

To me this is funny.  I was out torching and mom comes out (after three and half hours) and says she is done.  I asked, "With both of the blankets", and she says, "You have no concept of sewing do you?"

I am showing you a picture of the blanket - folded up, but I have tweeked what the picture looks like in case my friend reads my blog.  I don't want her to know exactly what the blanket is going to look like.



Like I said, I torched while mom was working on the sewing.  I think I made up enough beads for a necklace, three pairs of earrings and a bracelet.  I also finished making up beads to go with two beads I worked on yesterday.  It felt so good to be torching again.

I also cleaned up the beads that I am sending Lori Anderson for the Cup of Bead Soup.  I also tweeked the pictures, on Picnik, so she doesn't know exactly what she is receiving.  Sorry Lori, you will have to wait for the package to arrive to see what you are really receiving.  Yes, I know I am not a nice person :)

Beads with Heat Sensor

Beads as Neon

I had a lot of fun finding the effects to change the bead images.  I am going to have to play with Picnik more often.

I also made these two beads yesterday and I am really happy with how they turned out.  I made a couple more beads today to go with these.  I have an idea of how I want to use them, but mom and I are waiting for a package to arrive, with supplies, before I can make the idea I have come to fruition.


Tomorrow morning I will be enameling, have to finish filing and sanding tonight.  Then in the afternoon it is off to ABR.  I was talking to a few friends and they said that ABR is awesome; the people are nice and the glass is to die for.  I am taking my camera and I have my credit card, so I am ready to shop.  I will post pictures of the stuff we buy.  I am so excited.

I hope everyone had a great beading weekend and a wonderful coming week! 

Take care all.  Peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...