Monday, August 9, 2010

Retail Therapy and Happy Dance

Mom and I both had migraines on Thursday and Friday and then Saturday we both were still not feeling well.  I should have made beads for a commissioned piece, but did I, NO.  I finally got my sorry butt out of bed around 9:00am and over to mom's about 10:00am.  Mom wasn't looking much better, but she asked if I wanted to go to Bead Angels and of course I said, "Hell Yes!". 

We haven't been to Bead Angels for about four to six months and we needed to get our bead fix in (running low on clasps and seed beads).  For us this about an hour drive from home to Indianapolis and now with the Tom Tom we never get lost; it was a given that we got lost whenever we drove there, stupid directions.  The Tom Tom has saved us on so many occasions.

We ended up buying six strands of Sugar beads, 10 Sterling Silver toggle clasps, a string of Jasper beads and a butt load of seed beads. The sugar beads are for me because I want to get a strand of "Tequila Sunrise" beads Juls traded me into something I can wear.  I have been playing with ideas but I didn't have anything I wanted to use, so the Sugar Beads and some of the seed beads are going to be used.  Mom and I only use the seed beads for accents because we don't have the patience of those who make gorgeous jewelry with seed beads, Juls for example.  How can you see those tiny little holes I will never know.  Kudos to you guys!!!!

Ok, enough of my blabbing, here is what we bought.  Sorry, I forgot to take a pic of the Jasper beads.
Sugar Beads
Sugar Beads

Seed Beads

Seed Beads

Seed Beads

Seed Beads

SS Clasps

SS Toggle Clasps



































When mom and I got back into town mom wanted to stop at Best Buy because she needed to buy a new sensor for the Wii, her youngest cat ate through the cord, so no WII to workout with.  Of course after getting the sensor we had to stop by the desktops to drool.  If you don't know, I complain about my laptop all the time. Saturday morning I about drop kicked the damn thing because it wouldn't go to any of my favorite sites or wouldn't go to any of the sites I typed in - now who wouldn't be frustrated with that - come on now.

So, mom and I talked it over and we decided to buy a new desktop for the business.  We are going to split the cost of the payments and thank goodness we have 18 months interest free to pay it off.  I am in freaking heaven right now.  I cannot believe the difference in picture quality...OMG!!!!  Mom is having to kick me out of her house around 9:00pm the last two nights because I have been in awe of the pictures.  Who knew that there were little fuzzies on the flowers and grains of pollen floating in the air in the photographs mom and I have been taking, not me.

Here is a look of my (errr, our) new baby - isn't it a thing of beauty:

Our new baby
"Do a Little Dance, sing a little song, do the happy dance, the happy dance".  Had to change the words a little to show what I did all afternoon long.  I danced into all my friends' cubes and mom's cube doing the happy dance (and I don't dance - unless after many many drinks).  We found out that we were chosen as the Designer of the Week on the Art Bead Scene blog.  This made mom and I feel great about what we love to do.  So happy!

3 comments:

  1. Yeaaaaaaay! Enjoy the beads, toggles and especially the deserved computer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you KNOW how I feel about migraines -- I hope you're better now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun outing...to the bead store! And a you came home with a great stash! Those sugar beads are really interesting...gotta look in to those. Congrats on the brand new desk...looks like many an hour will be spent there. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...