Thursday, July 26, 2012

Enameled Pieces and Goodies from the Art Fair

Mom and I worked in the studio on Sunday, I took Saturday to recover from all the shopping Lisa and I did at the Ann Arbor Street Art Fair.

While I was enameling mom worked on one of our pieces for the Bead Soup Blog Party.  Also, just a reminder that this Saturday is the first reveal date of our Soupers.  Mom and I have a show Friday, Saturday and Sunday so I will be making my rounds when I can, and I can't wait to see what everyone has created from their goodies!!!

Here is what we worked on:

Paying homage to Karin and her awesome seed beading.
This is what mom has been working on with some of the ingredients from what Karin sent us.  You seed beaders are one crazy bunch of artists let me tell you.  There was a lot of swearing going on, well there was when I started this piece :)  Mom was kind enough to finish it for me.  I can't wait to share it with you all!!!

Here are the pieces I enameled:

Elephant pendant

Birds and Bamboo Plate/Wall Hanging

Koi Plate or wall hanging
I do have to say these are some of the best pieces I have enameled in a long time.  The koi was really interesting to enamel; mom had an image of the koi and colored it in so I knew where she wanted the colors.  I will have to take a better image because you just can't see the colors very well, but I love it!!!

Now onto the goodies from Ann Arbor - yes I went a little crazy. I did have a budget but I sort of slipped on one booth and took out the credit card.  Friday was a mad house of people because it was so gorgeous out and the credit card machines were on over load.  There was about 5 minute wait if you used your credit card.

Okay, on with the show:

First place went shopping


A gift for mom

For me
This booth was awesome - went a little crazy here :)




Gift for mom

Gift for mom
Scrimshaw Artists

I didn't see the details until I looked at my monitor - awesome!!!






 She does work in pencils - fantastic work.  I plan on putting the cards in frames and hanging them on my wall at home once I figure out where I can hang them.  I am running out of wall space for all my paintings and photographs :)








I really loved her paintings but couldn't afford them.  So, she made prints and made them into pendants you could purchase so that is what I did.



I loved his photographs and I finally broke down and bought a rusty truck photograph.  I can't wait to get these all on my walls!!!!


This is the artist booth I broke down and got the credit card out.  I have been looking out her booth for the last four years and I said I am going to do it, buy some of her pieces.  She had a fair special going on so I bought four of her prints.






So, that is it for my goodies.  Lisa went really to town on purchases but she done good to.  We are already planning for next year and the spending spree to ensue.  I hope you enjoyed the photos of the enameled pieces and the goodies.  Now I have to go buy frames for everything and get them hung on the walls.

2 comments:

  1. First of all, those enameled pieces are fantastic as always! That Koi is amazing! Then, the goodies you picked up are so cool! I love the drawings with the birds, the cream of cricket soup and the viewmaster are my favorites. The photography is wonderful as well, looks like you had a really fun time there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Beth,
    Looking forward to seeing the finished piece at the blog party. Your enameling skills are awesome. I love the elephant (I'm a Bama Girl, Roll Tide!). I love all of your finds at the Arts Fair, my favorites are the pencil drawings.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...