Monday, May 11, 2015

January ABS Challenge - Really Late

Imagine Tomorrows World (orange version),
1998 Stell' Dir die Welt von morgen vor By Friedensreich Hundertwasser
 84mm x 594mm


Well - as you can see mom and I are really late on posting the January ABS Challenge piece. We didn't finish sawing out all the pieces until April and I didn't finish enameling all the pieces until the first weekend of May. Better late than never :)


Mom based the main pendant off the top and bottom of the piece. She also wanted to pull in the circle from the painting into our piece.



Mom only wanted to use the yellow/tan, turquoise and purple found in the painting. So I had a lot of fun trying to figure out the colors to use when I was enameling. I am really happy with how the colors turned out.



I also had a lot of fun making the lampwork glass beads to go with the piece. Though I think I need to wait on making the beads until after I have enameled the pendants. At first we weren't sure if the beads would go with the pendants - but luckily they did.


For accent beads we use gunmetal spacer beads - we wanted to keep it like an industrial theme since mom used gunmetal chain to connect the circle pendants to the main pendant.


I tried on the necklace because I wanted to give you an idea of what it looks like. There is no clasp - so it is a slip on necklace.

Yup - I am really happy with how it turned out. I am glad we kept working on this to create it - it is really not something we make - so it got us out of our comfort zone that is for sure.

2 comments:

  1. Wow... better late than never! This is a work of art. nice you two!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Such a statement piece.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...