Monday, May 4, 2015

Another Enameling Weekend - Prepping for the Show


This was another enameling weekend - trying to prep for our show in two weeks (which is fast approaching). This weekend I worked on enameling small and medium sized pendants.


I was also experimenting with stencils and stamps. I now know what I need to do with the stamps - they need to be the last firing I do. I still like the way the stamped pendants turned out, but thank goodness for experimenting to figure things out.


I had just taken these out of the kiln and thought the pendants turned out awesome. I am really happy with the way these turned out. These pendants I made double sided - they have different designs on each side.


I did have a minor accident. I picked up one of the pendants (off the trivet) to take it to get the last color on it - well - the piece had divet marks on it and I sliced up my thumb pretty good. Didn't realize I did that until I saw blood running down my arm - not good. It is a good thing I don't pass out at the sight of my blood - though I don't do well at the sight of other people's blood :)

So, here are the pendants that I made this weekend.

These are smaller circle pendants - I think we are putting these on
sterling silver chain.

My favorite colors (Peacock) - these will be made into a pair of earrings.

Our double-sided pendants

Our double-sided pendants

Our double-sided pendants

Our double-sided pendants

Our double-sided pendants (the left side has a stamp design on it)

Our double-sided pendants (the left side has a stamp design on it)

Our double-sided pendants (the right side has a stamp design on it)

And this is me - crashed on Sunday afternoon. I have been sick since Monday - either with a head cold or a sinus infection - not sure which.

Mom and I still have one more weekend to create some more pieces for the show on the 16th of May. There are three large pieces I want to get enameled and two small bowls and, crossing my fingers, a couple more pendants. A tall order but I think we can get it done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...