Saturday, January 5, 2013

Water and Ice - I Heart Macro



It is our favorite time of the week, I Heart Macro.  I actually took my first macro shots of the year today - mom's rainchain.  We had just come back from Menards (looking at sinks, showers, vanities, faucets, lights, ceiling fans, doors, and doorhandles for the extension on mom's house) when mom said that the rainchain was pretty cool looking - I got the camera and the phone out and took a lot of pictures.  It was good to take macro shots again, now if I can only suck it up and go walking at lunch to take pictures (it is way tooooooo cold for me -3-17 degrees this past week) it would be even better.

So...here are our shots for this week:







I also took pictures with the phone and I will post those on our Instagram.

9 comments:

  1. looks like a great idea..so is it a chain that comes from a roof instead of a pipe? Brr.. that makes me cold just looking at it! 3 degrees.. can't imagine it!
    jenni

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'd wait for a little warmer weather to go out, too! These are wonderful shots of the ice and snow. I've never heard of a rainchain before but the idea intrigues me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your shots of the ice. I don't think I've ever seen chains here, everyone's got pipes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool! We had a rain chain at our front door in Virginia and LOVED it. Just saw one last week, too and am thinking seriously about purchasing it. Love your pics this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my that is very cold, I can understand your reluctant to go out for a walk

    Mollyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love ice and these are spectacular. Love them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never heard the term "rain chain". Learned something new. Beautiful shots!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow! Those are really beautiful pictures. I love the depth and texture of the ice. It's just too cool.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...