Friday, January 11, 2013

Focus on Life - Week 2


It is Week 2 for Focus on Life, by Sally, The Studio Sublime.  Week 2's focus is "our word" or "our resolution" for 2013.  What is the one word or resolution that is going to help us focus on our life this year. 

Our word is:


Motivation - How to Find It?


The motivation for mom to get back into sawing.  We have a whole slew of pieces that we need to saw out.  We have patterns waiting to be glued down ready for mom to use her major kick-ass sawing skills to bring those pieces to life.


The motivation for me to work on beads.  I have so many ideas for beads I want to make, but I just need to get my butt out in the garage.  The last few evenings have been gorgeous and would have been perfect to work in the garage, but did I, NO!


Motivation to walk again in the mornings.  I need to walk, I need to move, I need to lose the weight because I refuse to buy new dress pants!!!  I know I need to put on my big girl panties, suck it up, and get my ass out of bed in the morning, no matter how nice and toasty it is under the covers!  I need a swift kick of Motivation upside the rear end!


This is my big inspiration for the motivation of fixing up my house, the extension we want to put on the back of mom's house so I can move home.  This is taped to a picture right outside my bathroom and I see this image every time I go into my bathroom.  This is my biggest Motivation of getting my butt into motion.


My second Motivation for setting my house to rights - The To Do List!  I have this where I can see it and I have blanks in front of each item I need to check off.  I want to have all of this checked off by June.  I can and I will do this because I am beyond MOTIVATED to move back home with mom (mom likes to tease me, "You are the only kid I know who wants to move back home with her mother.").



I liked the idea of writing out the word, example from Sally.  The top word is written by me and the bottom word is written by mom.  She has such nice hand writing, mine just plain sucks :)  I think it is from all the time I had to sign my name in the military that it has just became a scrawl.  At least you can read it :)

Pop over to The Studio Sublime and check out everyone's photos. If you are on Instagram look for the #tag, #focus1photoaweek.

32 comments:

  1. Excellent word choice! I commend you for writing out your "to do" list-that really is half the battle! Best of luck to both of you and I hope you meet your goal of June!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great word. I love the photo reminders, especially the one of the tennis shoes and videos -- definitely are reminder for all of us. The to do list is awesome. You will feel so good putting a line through each task when you finish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful word - something that we all need! Great little photo essay, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of great stuff to be motivated about, especially the renovation. The relationship that you and your mother have is pretty impressive. No way would I want to live with mine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that's a powerful word! Good job on taking the first steps to get into your life (good to-do lists are amazing for motivation). Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like you have a lot on this year.. love the list.. I have one like that at the moment.. selling my house on Feb 23rd!!! I hope it all works out for you.. you are well on your way to achieving it!
    jenni

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice! The to-do list is a big, in your face, motivation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I could use some motivation too! Having your goals and lists out where you see them is key to getting them done. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my, what a lot of things to get motivated about!!
    Clearly 2013 is to be a year of action for you - enjoy!!
    I'm no. 21 on the list :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your story, very in depth posting, we have much in common I also am planning an extension this year it will be a challenge I am sure!! I love your mum's handwriting, just divine and beautiful. Your writing is also lovely, individual with character.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Excellent word! I am needing some of that also. :) But I know that you and your mom CAN!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great post - you've got it really thought out! I hope you sail right through it!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. As I hop around the blogs and see everyone's word I think I should have chosen that one! I love that you have goals and deadlines, and keep reminders in front of you. How great that you have your mom to help you, and vice versa. Oh, and my handwriting is awful. I know it's because I am always moving too fast and just need to take the time to do it right.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yep that is what I need Motivation to get myself off the chair in front of the computer and create!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your word! I also am really jealous of your mom's handwriting! So pretty! I hope you can find the motivation to get all the things on your list done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Excellent choice of words! I love that you both wrote out the word, too. I think it's neat that your hand writing is so different - both are beautiful. Thanks for all the other visual 'motivations' - those are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It is a true blessing to be able to share so much with your mom. Continued motivation for many years to come!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great word and beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dear Lord Beth! I think your word should be overwhelmed!:) I now I am after seeing everything that you need to get done. Take it day by day and I know that you and your Mom will have more than enough motivation to get everything done!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Keep that list handy, in sight, tangible. I am behind the E and B girls 100% and have no doubts that progress will be made! Love to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a great word! I could use some of that as well! Just keep at it, and you'll get there.

    ReplyDelete
  22. You make me tired just reading your list! :) And you're right - looking at the pattern your Mom is sawing she does indeed have "kick-ass" skills! Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Beth,
    You have lots to be motivated about. I need a little of that motivation as well.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  24. You really do need that Motivation to get everything on that list (and in the post) done! I remember my mother used to call my handwriting "hen scratching" , then I discovered calligraphy and now my handwriting is much nicer. Love your word and good luck with the list :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow! You do have a lot to get done this year! I'm sure that you and your Mum will motivate each other.

    ReplyDelete
  26. And your spirit here is motivating me too! YAY! My dad came over today to help me install the heater I asked for for Christmas in out garage. The issue being the thing must go on the ceiling and I am on 5'3" so there is no short ladder or table I can stand on to reach! It took me forever to find the right size socket since our (my) tools are in such disorder. But I now have another space I can do loud things in while the family sleeps. That blueprint is awesome motivation... perhaps someone should saw a version ;p

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great word!!! I love your energy-I'd say you are pretty motivated for sure:)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Motivation is a wonderful word and I wish you all the best as you work to achieve each of these goals. That to do list looks intimidating, but I know you can get it done in the time you've set out for it. This is going to be a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  29. But procrastination is so much easier than motivation... Good luck with all your plans!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Excellent word choice! Instead of a "swift kick of Motivation upside the rear end," I think you could use an assistant to help chip away at that to do list! =) Having Motivation as your word, I have a feeling that your to do list will be an all done list in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  31. You two would hardly be called lacking in motivation! I am always in awe of the teamwork that you have together! I think that you will succeed in attaining all these goals, they don't seem lofty at all! And having your mom there to help you every step of the way is priceless. Enjoy the day. Erin

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great post and lots of things in there to be motivated about, just remember, one foot in front of the other, in jogging sneakers or slippers!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...