Sunday, June 10, 2012

I Heart Macro - Avatar Flower


Here are some more pictures from last weekend photo taking at the hort park.  I don't know the name of this flower and I couldn't find the plaque to go with them.  Mom and I are calling them "Avatar" flowers.  I love the different colors and especially the bud with the purple lines running through it.


Doesn't it remind you of the flora on Avatar - and the colors are amazing!!!!  I love the little sparklies which I thing is pollen - unreal!!!



I just love the spikes and the steams with the curls on them - awesome!

Today is a family reunion - so not much going to get done today.  I got the perimeter of two plates sawed out yesterday and I need to finish up the perimeter of the mask so mom can start doing her sawing thing.  Mom and I also got all the patterns scanned in yesterday - much faster with both of us working on it.  In two weeks the kids come for a visit - we had to change up the vacation because mom cannot walk (she will be in a transport chair as much as possible) because of her foot.  I am the enforcer because someone has to watch out for her :)


If you would like to participate or see what everyone else is sharing head on over to Studio Waterstone and check it out.

7 comments:

  1. Not sure but I think it's Bee Balm, they are very cool looking flowers!! They do look like they would be in the avatar gardens!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! It could be a Centaurea montana (Mountain bluet).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love this flower and his color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just watched Avatar again last night - this flower definitely belongs there...beautiful picture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just love those colors--and what a uniquely shaped flower! I could use a yard-full of these!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it amazing that oftentimes the longer and closer you look at something, the more you see that appeals to you? This happened tome with your picture. I immediately saw where you got "Avatar" flower from. But, as you began to point out all the little details, the more I began to like this spiky flower. I especially like the purple chevron lines on the bud that you pointed out in the first picture. There's something so simple, but so appealing about it. Great eye!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...