Monday, October 27, 2014

Michigan Fire Hydrants, Sawing Snowflakes, Copper Malfunction, Photo Taking and Etsy Posting

Fire hydrant on University of Michigan
Each year my friend and I go up to Michigan for the large art fair they have on the University of Michigan campus (click here for last year's trip).  And each year I take pictures of the painted, chipped and rusted fire hydrants.  I FINALLY downloaded the pictures I took from July.  I thought I would share three of the pictures I am in love with.




I just love the way the paint chips and rust coming through.  I do have some of the fire hydrant pictures for sale on our Etsy site if you are looking for something rusty and unique.

Mom has started sawing out snowflakes for our last show of the season.  The few we took last year sold out in about 20 minutes - so from the picture below you see there is a pile of them that have to be sawed out.

The ones mom has sawed out

The pile to be sawed out - I will do the perimeters and mom will do the interiors
The copper malfunction - now this is a big problem.  Mom and I just ordered copper (over $200)  from the vendor we always have in the past. Mom opened the package to take out the copper to start gluing down more patterns and it was an OMG what happened moment.


The copper scrap on the right is the 20 gauge copper we use to make our pendants and bowls. The copper on the left is ohhhh much thinner than 20 gauge - I am thinking it is 24 gauge.


All the sheets of copper are like that.  So, we sent an email to them yesterday and are now waiting for a response.  This is not good for us because we need to make up more bowls and pendants before the last show.  Cross your fingers for us that we get this resolved soon or there will be much panic in the household!!!


While mom was sawing out snowflake pendants I was taking pictures of our double-sided, reversible enameled pendants to post on Etsy. Once I got all the pictures taken I then had to crop and resize the pendants - I also created a collage to show the front and back side of the pendants together.  The reversible pendants we have left have now been listed.

Here is what is for sale on Etsy:

Flower and Fleur De Lis Pendant

I call this Cosmos on the Left and Fall Colors on the Right

Snowflake Pendant

Polka Dot Pendant

Colorful Quilted Pendant

Breast Cancer Awareness and Black Ribbon Pendant

Snowflake Pendant

Vine and Curly Q Pendant

Christmas Snowflake Pendant

Butterfly and Flower Pendant

Quilted and Leaf Pendant

Fall Leaf and Orange/Gray Pendant
I also added two of our sawed out pendants:

Bird, Heart and Flower pendant

Celtic Knot Pendant
So, that was my Sunday. I actually feel like I accomplished something in regards to our business. I know we have been pretty lack on sawing, lampworking, creating jewelry, taking pictures, sharing pictures, posting on Etsy and blogging.  I think I am calling this the year of NADA DONE.

Though - I can say I am trying to be better on the blogging.  I think this will be the fourth post in the month of October.  No where close to what I used to blog - but I am slowly building back up to posting.

I also signed mom and myself up for Sally Russick's 2014 Holiday Ornament Swap. Last year was the first year we participated and our swap partner was actually Sally herself.  You can go here and check out what we received from Sally.

Well - I hope you had a wonderfully productive weekend like we did.  Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Lovely ornaments! Can't pick a favorite. And I can't wait to see the snowflakes. I'm crocheting some atm.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...