Monday, October 20, 2014

Celebrate the Arts Show Review and Studio b Pink Party

Delphi, IN Celebrate the Arts
This past weekend was the Delphi, IN Celebrate the Arts show.  Mom and I have participated in the show every year since it began.  I seriously don't think this show can catch a break on the weather - but at least we are now in doors where before it was an outdoor show (hurricane force winds and rain).


This year we were setup inside an old Methodist church that the art society now owns.  We were setup in the sanctuary on two sides of the aisle.  One side had the enameled necklaces and pieces in the shadow boxes.

Mom setting up the other side and talking to another vendor

The other side had the bowls, bracelets, earrings, other necklaces and our pictures that have been infused in aluminum.


During the show I took up knitting again - which I have not done in a very, very, very long time.  This will be a preemie hat that will be donated once done.

So - that was our Saturday.

Sunday was an awesome day of relaxing and then of course Studio b Pink Party

Pink Party by Studio b
Studio b is where I go for my Zumba and Tabata classes.  These ladies are a bunch of amazing people and I always look forward to working out there.

The Pink Party is an annual event they host to raise money for the YWCA. Th YWCA uses those donations to help women receive breast and cervical exams. Last night the event had 86 participants and raised over $1200 for the YWCA.  If you like you can go and see a brief video of the whole group dancing on the Facebook page - you can see me for a split second :)


A picture of me before heading to the Zumba party. The necklace I am wearing is one of our double sided enameled pendants with the breast cancer awareness ribbon.  That pendant should be going into the shop sometime this week if I can get off my behind and get pictures taken :)


People signing in for the party.


My friend Julie and me after the Zumba party.  She is the one who inspired me to get into shape with Zumba - she is one awesome gal let me tell you!!!!

Prizes being handed out and treats to be eaten.

The lady throwing the package is Jill - she is my Tabata instructor and she has been so awesome and motivating to get me into shape!!!

So, that was my weekend.  I hope you had a great weekend too!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...