Monday, February 3, 2014

Recap of Past Two Weekends and Enameled Pendants

Can you guess what this is?
This is what mom and I see every time we go into the computer room to saw or take pictures.  It is the paw of my cat Koshka - she really wants to come in and see what all the fuss is about in the room.  I think it is so cute - just hope she never gets her paw stuck :)

Mishka and Reveille
Mom and I finally got the garage cleaned out last weekend - which meant moving the cat trees into my part of the house.  Boy are the fur babies in heaven now that I have their favorite toy back in the house.  It is fun to watch to see who ends up on the top of the tree - one gets down and another one gets up to the top.


While cleaning up the garage came across two copper sheets that mom glued patterns on - more plates to saw out!  I need to get the perimeters sawed out so mom can saw out the interiors (my least favorite part besides filing and sanding!).


Mom started drawing up a kokapelli pattern for one of our large shadow boxes - it will be three different kokapelli dancing.  I can't wait to enamel them - I have color ideas running through my head and I want to get them on the copper to see how it looks.

We had piles of pendants to file and sand.

Angel metal print
I finally got all of our metal prints out on the Etsy shop.

My next project is start to post the jewelry out on the Etsy shop.

The temperature in the garage before I got the kiln and heaters going.  I think by the time I finished enameling the garage was up to 52 degrees.

The heaters set up around the board I put the pieces on to help cool them down.  Also to help keep me warm too - the exhaust fan is just above the heaters.


Pendants getting ready to be put in the kiln.


A bib necklace I have been trying to enamel for almost a year.  There is transparent colors under the opaque colors - kept cracking so I though I would try the opaques.  I love, love, love how it looks but the enamel cracked when I went to take pictures of the piece.  Mom and I are going to have to break off all the enamel and start from scratch - third time is the charm.

The finished pendants - finally!  I can't even remember the last time I enameled and I am scared to go back through past posts to see.  It felt good enameling again!


I also had to enamel because we had a customer ask if we had any turtle pendants.  He wanted a turtle pendant for his wife for Valentine's Day.  He also asked if we could enamel the turtle in teal and purple - we don't have teal enamel but I hope this is close enough.  I really like how these turned out.


A hummingbird pendant in my favorite "Peacock" colors.

An oak leaf pendant in reds, orange and yellow.


A pendant for a project that we will post on the 25th of February.


This photo doesn't do the colors justice!  The enamels I used were various transparent purples - they look fantastic but not under this lamp.

So, that was a recap of the last two weekends.  I seriously need to do better on the blogging!  I hope you all had a great weekend too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...