Thursday, February 3, 2011

So Ready for Spring

A look down the street from my driveway
This is my street in my subdivision yesterday morning as I was shoveling.  Needless to say the subdivision's streets are still not plowed this glorious (sarcasm at its most highest), freaking freezing Thursday morning.  I am so ready for spring.


What is out my front door
This is what awaited me yesterday morning - white stuff.  I was able to shovel one side of my driveway, more like pick up ice sheets with snow on top.  I tried to shovel the snow from the sidewalk leading to my front door but I just couldn't do it.  I found out I could walk on the snow without falling through.  Makes you wonder how many layers of ice was under the snow.  I seriously need to get my garage door fixed.


Second time shoveling
When I went outside about two hours later (after shoveling the first time), this is what awaited me - more snow (what a surprise).  This layer was easier to shovel, but I was having a hard time with the snow at the end of the driveway.  I did try to get over to mom's house yesterday because I wanted to work on some pieces, but that didn't happen, I got stuck at the end of the driveway.  Sorry no pictures because I was trying to get the car unstuck by myself.  I went through a whole box of kitty litter to get the car back into the garage.  There are times I seriously miss driving a hummer!!!!!!

This morning I made it to work by just plowing through the driveway.  Cross your fingers for me that I will be able to get back into my house tonight.  I think the kitties will be very angry with me if I don't get home to feed them.  I hope you all made it through this winter storm!  I feel like holing up like a bear and not coming out until spring. 

One good thing about coming into work today, I got to ready Lori's (Waterstone) blog post about us. Lori does a post called "Featuring Studio Spaces" where she asks artists about their studio spaces.  Mom and I were this week.  Head on over and you can see what our studio looks like clean and see how mom and I work together.

Oh, our package arrived from Kristi, but I have not seen it yet.  I plan on stopping at mom's tonight so we both can open it together.  I will take pictures and post them so you all can drool with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...