It is another Sunday of I Heart Macro - YAY!!! If you would like to participate or see what everyone is taking pictures of head on over to Studio Waterstone and check it all out.
I thought I would share two of the pictures from last weekends shooting at the hort park located near where I work. It was a little overcast last week so it gave the pics an awesome look. The only thing I did to the pictures were re-size them.
My favorite image - it is now my Facebook cover photo.
I love Strawflowers and how they look. I love that touch of pink on the petals and how the petals are opening up - awesome!!!!
This week we were asked for a custom order necklace - Viking Knit with the birth month flower September enameled copper pendant. I started working on the necklace Tuesday or Wednesday - can't remember now.
Mom starts the Viking Knit for me and I go to town on the rest of the necklace. I have also been playing with my new phone camera and using Instagram more. So, these pics are out in my Instagram plus some pics of the fur babies :)
I have about 14 1/2 inches done so far. I want to complete another 5-8 inches before I take it off the dowel rod and mom pulls it through the draw plate. You like what I watch as I work on the Viking Knit - love the DVDs The Universe. You can also sort of see Mishka's tail sticking up at the end of my couch - sort of hard to see but it is there.
Here are some pics:
|Who knew about purple bell peppers???|
|Or about white bell peppers???|
When we got home I started working on the torch. I wanted to make up more of the beads mom and I just fell in love with - now calling them "Butterfly Kisses" and a set I had an idea for a design.
The "Butterfly Kisses" are to the right - one of the beads became wonky as I was turning the bead in the flame and couldn't save it so I would just smush it with my leaf mashers - we will see what it looks like after I clean up the beads.
The beads to the left are the two focals I wanted to try a design I have been thinking about. The bead in the middle I used transparent blue with frit on top and I feathered it, I add black and then I added a dot of SIS for the moon. I wanted to try a very simple water scene with the moon. The second focal I did the same but I added silver foil to the bead, mashed it and add the SIS dot for the moon. I really like that bead better than the first design. I also made spacer beads from the same transparent blue, frit and feathered it. I want to use these beads to make a bracelet. Once I complete the bracelet I will share pics.
After I ran out of room in the kiln I started playing with torch fired enameled beads. Last week I ordered a whole bunch of beads from Barbara Lewis, Painting with Fire. The arrived on Friday so I thought I would play yesterday until my oxygen ran out.
This is what I got done - there are four beads where the holes filled up when I took them off the mandrel. I need to get better at doing that - any recommendations would be appreciated!!!! I did re-read the tutorial from Barbara I purchased and there is a little video out on the NING website that is awesome, but I just don't have the trick yet. More practice - once I get more oxygen.
These are pieces I need to work on today. The necklace to the far right I just need to assemble it and the necklace is done - it has our lampwork glass beads, hematite spacers and lava rocks. The next tray is beads I need to make into bracelets. The next tray has our "fire" triangles and some stones we bought at the bead show in Indy last month. I think mom decided to wire wrap them together. The final necklace is copper leaves we liver of sulfered and then some of or lampwork beads - these will be all wire wrapped together.
Currently mom is outside sawing and I am heading out to help with that. There are some some plates she is working on that I really want to complete before our shows in September - I think there is a show every weekend. I am excited!!! Have a wonderful Sunday everyone!!!!