Monday, December 22, 2008

Westwood Exhibit

Patty Jischke developed the Westwood Exhibit where students can submit works of art for display consideration. She or a person on her staff select from the artwork submitted and it is displayed at Westwood, the current Purdue president’s home, for six months.

I first entered in 2007, and all four of my creations were selected for display. I entered a fishscale necklace, a casted Celtic necklace, a Georgia O’Keeffe inspired enameled tile, and an enameled copper bowl.

Mrs. Jischke hosted a reception at Westwood for the winners. There was a nice turn out of students, friends and family. President and Mrs. Jischke were both present and spoke to the students and their guests. This also provided an opportunity for all the guests to walk through the first floor living area and see the work of all the artists.

In 2008, I entered again. My Abundance and Scarcity necklace and my die-formed fish necklace were chosen by President Cordova’s representative to be displayed.

Anthony, the president’s family butler, was very kind to make the comment that if the Abundance and Scarcity necklace had been for sale, there would have been several offers for the necklace. That made me feel very proud and was a confirmation that I was on the right track with my jewelry making effots.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...