Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Splendor Necklace and My Necklace From Juls Beads

Splendor by Rena Brouwer
As I mentioned in a previous post I wanted to make a necklace based on the above painting.  Mom designed and sawed out a bird which I then enameled.  I was very happy with how the bird turned out and I was on my way to my design idea.

Tonight I asked mom to create loops on the egg beads and connect them together for me.  I refuse to do this part and I am so glad mom doesn't mind to doing this, otherwise it would never get done.  After she did that we looked through all of our gemstones and finally picked out what I wanted in the necklace.  Mom was kind of enough to string everything together for me and then I finished it off with a Sterling Silver leaf clasp.  I am really happy with the way the final piece turned out.  THANK YOU KELLEY FOR YOUR EGG BEADS!  This really pulled my vision together.  If you haven't been to Kelley's blog you must go and it is Kelley's Bead Studio.

Splendor Necklace - Bird with Kelley's Beads

Kelley's Beads and Gemstones

I have two more photos of the necklace on our Flickr site.  I didn't want to bore you all to death with multiple images of the necklace.

While mom was constructing this necklace for me (isn't she the bomb!), I was working on my necklace with beads from Juls.  Mom and I both received a set of her Tequila Sunrise beads (which are so yummy).  Mom finished up her necklace on Monday and I finally got my butt in gear and finished my necklace tonight.  I am really happy with the way the necklace turned out.

My Necklace with Juls beads
Sorry the photos are so poor, but the sun was going down and I wanted to get these images posted tonight because I am sooo freaking happy with them that I had to share.
Enjoy and have a great night!

7 comments:

  1. Oh wow, Beth. You and your mom did such a beautiful job together!!! I am so impressed. Those Juls beads are lovely...LOVE that color combo :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are both beautiful~ that little bird is exquisite and I am still so blown away by the precise cutting in your pieces. You did stunning justice to that painting, and I love the colors you paired with Sunset~ what a fun necklace!

    You girls are the superest of the superfly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG...OMG ...OMG!!!!! Both necklaces are beyond words! Thank you sooooo much for sharing them! That bird is amazing!!!! Great work both of you!!!!!! And of course you know how I feel about Juls beads and I don't even have any YET!!!!

    Hugs to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea to be inspired by! I love that enameled bird and with the eggs from Kelley it really sings that necklace!
    Thanks for sharing your inspiration today!
    Enjoy the day!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful! Love the joyful necklace since I love birds and eggs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oops, I meant Splendor necklace, but joyful works too because it makes me happy just looking at it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...