Friday, November 30, 2018

Victory - Completed the Migration


Yesterday I completed the migration from the Purdue on-premise SharePoint environment to the PRF Cloud SharePoint environment. I migrated 61 sites in four days. Though all I really had to do was make sure no one had add anything new to their sites because I slowly migrated all their stuff over in the last few weeks (then had to create re-direct links, hide the stuff on the old site, load anything new, and give everyone permissions to the new sites). I had already created the sites before I did the migration, so I wasn't trying to create as I migrated data.

Though I did migrate four sites before this big migration. One was migrated on August 6th and the other three were migrated on November 5th. Two of those sites were the hardest we had and I had consultants help with that migration. I created the sites and the consultants moved the data. The other two sites were created by one of my co-workers and just wanted it migrated when I migrated the one site on November 5th.

Now that the hard part is done - it is going to clean up the fixes. There is one site we are having issues with - so next week, after training - we will spend time trying to figure out the problem.

Then, after all the fixes, it is completing my whole list of other things I want to get done on the SharePoint sites.

I have to say this has been one of the hardest things I have done. But, I feel really proud of myself and how far I have come since I started this project. I have learned so much (which I have documented) and I can't wait to learn more.

Okay - I am done tooting my own horn (for a little bit).

While I was doing day job work - mom was doing some things in the studio.



Mom glued down a bunch of plate, bowl and pendant patterns to the copper.


Mom then moved all the copper, bench pins and saws into the computer room because it has been WAY too cold to work in the garage.


This mom, today, in her PJs and UGG slippers working on sawing out and sanding small ThumBOWLina bowls. She has seven of them sawed out and sanded - now she needs to pound them into shape. I think I will enamel this weekend - the bowls and maybe some earrings.

Until that is done - here is some photos I have been playing with. This past summer we had a show in Danville, IL. It was a two day show. On Saturday, there was a car show and I took a quick break and did a walk around the old cars. These are some of those photos.

Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...