Thursday, December 4, 2014

Show, Clothes Shopping, Ornament Swap, Surgery and Etsy


Mom and I had our last show of the year a few weeks ago. This is us in front of our table at the Harrison Band Booster Holiday Fair. Mom and I did pretty good this year, though the first half of the show was pretty slow and we were a little worried. It all turned out good in the end.


I have finally broken down and finally started clothes shopping. I have been doing Zumba and Tabata for the last few months and my clothes were very baggy. I went shopping over Thanksgiving weekend when there were sales going on - I am not paying full price for clothes - especially when I am losing weight!!!!


Glimpse of what sent to Kim
Mom and I are participating in Sally Russick's ornament swap again this year. Our partner this year is Kim and you can check out her blog here. I got Kim's ornament shipped out yesterday - while waiting for mom to get out of surgery. I am so looking forward to what Kim sent and crossing our fingers that Kim likes what we sent her. You will have to check back in a few weeks to see what was sent.

 

This is mom right before her surgery yesterday - she had a partial knee replacement.



The above images is her artwork on both legs. The nurses and her doctor got a kick out of it.


And...this is mom after they wheeled her into her suite at the urgent care. They kept her overnight to check for infections and to make sure she didn't have any adverse reactions to the meds. As you can see she was not too happy with me taking pictures. But hey - she was laid up and couldn't beat the crap out of me :)


This is mom today - much better! I got her home around 10:30 today and got her setup on the couch with the water doohickey that is supposed to help with swelling in her knee.


So, while mom was laid up I finally got those holiday ornaments posted to the Etsy store.

Holiday Wreath
Snowflake Ornament

Red/Green Snowflake Ornament

Red/White Snowflake Ornament
Pink/Purple Snowflake Ornament
Large Red/Green Snowflake Ornament
And I had one bird pendant I added to the store:

Bird Pendant
That is about it and what we have been up to. I will keep you posted on how mom is doing - but so far she seems to be doing great. The physical therapist said she is going to do great for a few days and then hit a wall. I am waiting for that wall to hit because trying to keep mom down is going to be so much fun!!!! I already need a drink thinking about it :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Beth and Evie,
    Congratulations on a good sale and the two of you are looking beautiful. Way to go Beth on your weight loss, you are looking great. Kim is going to love her ornament. My partner is Karen William and being a seed beader too I was a little intimidated with doing an ornament for her, because she is someone I admire in the seed beader's realm. I am looking forward to the reveal to see what everyone has received. I hope your recovery is quick and with no problems Evie.
    Merry Christmas,
    Therese

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...