Saturday, December 20, 2014

2014 Holiday Ornament Swap


Mom and I are again lucky enough to participate in Sally's Holiday Ornament Swap this year. This year Sally paired us up with Kim from Kimmykats.


Mom and I don't have an indoor tree - because well - the cats would destroy it and anything on the tree. So, for us to enjoy the gorgeous goodies that Kim sent us we have them hanging on a shelf in the kitchen. This allows mom and I to see the ornaments every day.


Here are all three of the ornaments together - aren't they fabulous!


I love all the different details in each of the pieces - mom and I had a lot of fun passing the ornaments back and forth looking at them.


Mom and I both love the idea of using silverware as part of an ornament - this piece is awesome!

Thank you Kim for being such an awesome partner!





To see what mom and I sent Kim you can just hop over and check it out.

Thank you again Sally for putting on a wonderful blog hop!

Here is a list of the other participants:

Have fun checking out what everyone created!

15 comments:

  1. Hi Beth and Evie,
    The ornaments you received from Kim are gorgeous. I think they would also look pretty hanging in a window all year round.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may not have an indoor tree, but I have seen the pics of your lighted outdoor tree! :)

    Love these ornaments - sparkly and bright, just as they should be! I cannot even imagine cutting off part of a spoon, although I know a new tool would be involved, and that is always good! :) The beaded detail is spectacular!

    Hoping your Mom continues to heal quickly - Merry Christmas to you both!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, her ornaments to you are wonderful! I know that what you sent must be amazing as well! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim was my partner in the past, and I love her up cycled vintage style! Gorgeous! They are on my tree every year, with joy! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How beautiful! What a lovely collection Kim created!

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I didn't have a tree I think I would be wearing those as Jewellery! Love the 'spoon' handle "pendant"!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What great pieces you got - I am anxious to see what you sent to Kim! Have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kim is so talented! I love how she uses silverware in her work! I love that you put them in a place where you can always see them. I can't wait to see what you guys made. Your work is always so amazing! Have a happy Holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Beth and Evie, The silverware ornament is great. I have not seen one like this before. Many years ago my husband sawed a star in a spoon for me but it looks very different from Kim's beautiful ornament.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful assortment of ornaments you received! I love the idea of repurposing the silverware. I look forward to seeing what she made for you! Enjoy the day and Merry Christmas to you and your family. Erin

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are very cool. A bit of bling for the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Merry Christmas you guys!!! I love the ornaments that Kim makes, they are always so thoughtful and the stamped silverware is AWESOME!!! Thank you Evie and Beth for participating again this year. It is really amazing that this year is almost over, time is going way to quick!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much Beth and Evie for the lovely snowflake. It hangs in my window so I can enjoy it everyday this winter. Enameling is a future project for me! Evie I wish you a speedy recovery so you can enjoy the season.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those ornaments are gorgeous! I am not able to have a tree due to my cats. I end up hanging them from shelves in my studio.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh those ornaments you received are indeed spectacular. How generous that she made three of them for y'all. I love the sparkle and shine they have. I'm sure you will always treasure them.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...