Saturday, January 11, 2014

Snow Recap, Dansko Shoes and Enameling Workshop


I woke up to it snowing Sunday morning.  I knew we were supposed to receive a lot of snow so I thought it might be prudent to start shoveling it.  I think it was around 7:30 when I started - it was actually really nice out.  No one else was out and it was nice and quiet. I think I ended up shoveling three times that day.


This was our backyard about mid-morning.  The snow was perfect packing snow for building snowmen or throwing snow balls.  I have to give a shout out to our neighbor, who had a snow blower.  The second time I was out shoveling he helped clear off the sidewalk and the front half of the driveway - which saved me to hand shovel the snow.


Now Monday was a different day all together.  It was bloody freaking cold!!!  This is me all bundled up to shovel in back of my car (there is no way mom's Mustang could drive in the streets the way they were).  We actually had Monday and Tuesday off from work - Purdue University called two snow days due to the freezing temperatures and snow.


Mom and I spent much of the time huddled under her snugly blanket watching Ancient Aliens.

Of course whenever mom and I got up to do something this is what we would come back to.  Lily and Sasha snuggled up in the blankets.  They were in heaven with mom and I there to snuggle with.

So, that is what happened this week with the polar vortex in Indiana.  Of course it is almost 40 degrees now and raining - so all the snow we had is almost gone.  Mom and I do have to go over to my house and shovel in front of the driveway - where the plows put all the snow - but the sidewalk is clear and the driveway is almost clear of snow.  It is global warming man - this freaky weather.

While we were sitting watching Ancient Aliens mom drew up a new pendant - this is for a challenge we are participating in February.

This is also what mom came up for the ABS January monthly challenge.  We are going to make this into a bib necklace.  I seriously can't wait to saw this baby out and enamel it!!!!


Last night I went to Englin's to pick up these Dansko shoes.  Mom and I each bought a pair when they were on sale but our sizes weren't in the store.  So, we had them special ordered.  I love them - they can be worn with both black and brown pants and I needed shoes to go with my brown pants.


Well, when we walked into the store I went straight for these beauties.  I AM IN LOVE - and yes - I did end up buying them though I had no business buying them.  My credit card is crying right now :)  But oh, you should have seen the smile I had on my face when I had them on and was walking around the store.  The sales associate said they just arrived with three other new types of Danskos.

Here are the other shoes that stole my heart:

Scatter Floral

Psychedelic

Cheetah - which mom ended up buying

Of course mom and I weren't done shopping last night.  This is what we ended up buying too:


Mom was out on the Internet looking at things and found out that Thompson Enamel was having a workshop around our birthday's.  We, which I mean me, will be taking the two day workshop on March 15 and 16.  Mom is going with me to keep me company.

I can't wait - the class is an intro to enameling but I seriously need a refresher on some things.  Plus I can't wait to walk around the place - so many pretty things to see!!!!

So, that is a recap of the week, Dansko shoes and enameling workshop.  Today I am having lunch with a friend, mom is sewing a baby blanket for me and we have to shovel at my house.  I hope we have time to saw out some pendants.

I hope everyone survived the polar vortex is having a wonderful weekend!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Beth,
    Beautiful pictures of the snow. I am so glad I live in Alabama, although we had record temps there was no snow or ice to deal with. Have fun in your class this coming March.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...