Saturday, May 26, 2012

Been Quiet Lately



I thought I would share this video I came across when I was on Second Surf's blog.  I thought this was a very powerful song - sort of my new mantra right now.  Both mom and I have been feeling blah and not wanting to do anything.  I think I am going to get an Itunes card so I can download this song and several more of her songs - love it!

Kim Harrison on Amazon
About two weeks ago I was on Silver Parrot's site and noticed she was reading "A Perfect Blood" by Kim Harrison.  So, I download the first book and ended up purchasing all the books in the series.  I am hooked and I can't wait for the next book to come out with Rachel Morgan, Ivy Tamwood and Jenks.  I don't usually say a lot about the books I read, but I was very impressed with this series.  I am already rereading the whole series now.


This morning mom and I went to Round the Fountain Art Fair before it got to blasted hot.  There were a lot of new artists this year and that was nice.  Saw our favorite watercolorists Rena Brouwer and drooled over about four paintings I wanted (had to leave her tent asap before I broke down).



After we left the fair we stopped at our favorite store - Inspired Fire.  I need some silver foil leaf for making beads and some blue glass for the The Literature Challenge on May 31st.  Need to get the beads made and the piece assembled and photographed to post.

Currently mom is sleeping - she is still not feeling good at all.  She did get an ultrasound done of her gall bladder but it is inconclusive.  I got a name of surgeon I have asked her to call so we can get a second opinion - five months in pain is stupid and I want her fixed. 

Not sure what is going to happen tomorrow, just have my fingers crossed she feels better tomorrow.  She has this really cool plate she is sawing out that I want to enamel and share with you all - it is AWESOME! 

Have a great weekend everyone!

2 comments:

  1. The heat-and the accompanying humidity in Northern Virginia is unbearable, too! Sounds like you had some fun, though! Hope your Mom feels better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read all the books yet, but they are in my to be read pile. They are all fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...